Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Merged: How long for Griffey? / Griffey's return on schedule

Re: Unclear talk of Griffey's injury...

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Phenomenal. Why the secrecy? Aurilia pulls his groin and is placed on the DL immediately. Griffey has tightness in his knee and it's been clouded in secrecy for weeks. I don't understand what the legitimacy of this could be. It's not like Arizona has to rework it's gameplan since Griffey isn't in the lineup. Or did he already have surgery and they are going to play this game until he is healthy? Obviously kidding, but nothing would shock me at this point.
    Thanks Ochre, a little disjointed, but all pointing to the same thing...looks like he won't be back for quite awhile. Life goes on. The team will too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Merged: How long for Griffey? / Griffey's return on schedule

Historically they play better w/o him. Not sure why, but it seems like they come together more and don't wait for Junior to hit the 3 run dinger. Maybe the Reds realize this and want to keep him healthy until trade time.

Re: When Griffey Comes Back

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    You hear that?

That's the sound of the Reds continuing to milk every ticket sale it can from Griffey. Some things never change.
    The fluid on the knee was reported earlier in the week. I fail to see what this has to do with ticket sales.

And I don't believe a thing the Angry Guys say.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Re: Notes: Griffey Undergoes MRI (5/4)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Any chance one of the mods might want to combine some of these Griffey threads? IMO we have reached the point in this where one update thread may be enough...
    I originally started the thread of Jr's MRI instead of putting it here, because I wanted people to see it. I had given up reading this thread a while ago and thought others might have too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

At the time I asked, there were something like 5 Jr. threads...just one of those things were people all seemed to be talking past each other on the same topic...

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    I feel really badly for Junior having to go through this now. Can't be easy.
    yeah, it must be tough making all that money.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    yeah, it must be tough making all that money.
    Money aside, one's health is way more important.

Jeez, let's hope he didn't exacerbate things by running on that freakin' treadmill the day after it happened!!! What kind of medical staff lets a player with Griff's history run around on a treadmill when they don't even know for sure what's wrong with him?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
    Last edited by WMR; 05-05-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Ah, how about this conspiracy: The Reds KNEW Griffey's injury was worse than they were telling him but kept having him "work it out" to see if he would worsen it. Maybe like a strained/pulled tendon which then turns into a torn tendon because of the extra exercise. Thus possibly forcing Griffey to hang them up, causing 2 things:
    1)Getting Griffey out of CF which every zoner considered a key part of rebuilding and
    2)Getting some of his contract back

While this is very far fetched, could Krivsky not be beyond the gile to so such a thing?

The funny thing is every Jr injury had turned out like this. The severity is downplayed. Either the medical staff is incompetent or the Reds for their own reasons downplayed the injury.

One this is clear is that while Jr could help the team they don't need to him win which didn't use to be the case. I think it was Carroll at BP who stated that even if Jr comes back and is "healthy" he should always be considered day-to-day.

Any future plans the Reds make must not count on Jr as an everyday player because his health is so fragile. He should become a corner OF and a 5 day a week player even when "healthy". At this point I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see him back until sometime in June, maybe by then we will actually find out what his injury really was.

All your deep and dark conspiracy theories are just that.

Jr pulled something in the back of his knee; it didn't get worse, it didn't get better. If the medical staff (or WK) did ANYTHING to make the injury worse, they would be in deep doo doo, and I doubt anyone would put their career on the line over such a thing... especially a doctor who is making big big bucks.

Red Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Money aside, one's health is way more important.
    Ditto. Get well soon, Junior. I enjoy watching the Reds more when you're in the lineup.

The pattern of the injury being more severe than originally thought could be a knock of the training staff or some pr machine but I think its more likely JR himself. Not in a negative way, He was well known in Seattle for having a very high pain tolerance. Could the problem be him not letting on or just not feeling how bad it is initially and only after they look under the hood and test results is it realized. Could it just be hard to tell with him a serious versus a minor injury.

And yes get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by larryboy
    The pattern of the injury being more severe than originally thought could be a knock of the training staff or some pr machine but I think its more likely JR himself.
    I honestly don't think severity is the issue.

I don't think it's that the injury is more severe than originally thought, it's that it isn't getting better.

You may be right about the pain tolerance; I wasn't aware of that.

Turn Off Ads?