45 24.32%
  • C. So-So. I Will Reserve My Judgment Till the June Amateur Draft

23 12.43%
  • D. No Better Than Bowden and O'Brien Running The Baseball Operations

1 0.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rank GM Wayne Krivsky' Performance

Rank GM Wayne Krivsky' Performance

So, how has the new GM done so far in your eyes.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Rank GM Wayne Krivsky' Performance

This screams of an active poll Krusty

Edit: and there is the poll.
    Last edited by smith288; 04-25-2006 at 09:56 AM.

He has done more things right in three months than DanO did in two years! He's building a good foundation while correcting DanO's horrid mistakes. That's a very good GM in the making! I am very encouraged to say the least.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I gave him an A because in two month he's signed Dunn to a team-friendly contract, made a significant OF-for-pitcher deal, cleared out a a ton chaft from the organization, overhauled much of the front office and shown a willingness to go after using every tool at his disposal.

IMO, it's been an extremely encouraging start. Obviously he's got a ton of work in front of him, but for the short time he's had the job I think it would be hard to ask more from him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I gave him an A because in two month he's signed Dunn to a team-friendly contract, made a significant OF-for-pitcher deal, cleared out a a ton chaft from the organization, overhauled much of the front office and shown a willingness to go after using every tool at his disposal.

IMO, it's been an extremely encouraging start. Obviously he's got a ton of work in front of him, but for the short time he's had the job I think it would be hard to ask more from him.
    I'd also give him an 'A' so far, but in order for him to stay there at the end of this season, he's going to have to somehow acquire another decent pitcher, and have a good amateur draft.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I gave option C, but mainly because I wasn't sure what category to put. The first word that came to me when I read the title is promising. With that said, I think I will have to reserve judgement. He has done some good things, like M2 mentioned with signing Dunn to a good contract. I also love the flexibility he has created on this roster. I know a lot of people don't like the Hatteberg signing and for good reasons, but the flexibily for future moves that he created with this roster has been very interesting to watch.

I voted A. That the team is realizing it should have hired him earlier. He is improving the team incrementaly as opportunities are presented to him.

beechparty2

I think it's a bit too soon to rank his performance. I would parallel it to rating a free agent signing after the first series of the season. Am I happy, that Mr. Krivsky has opened his GM season "hot," absolutely, however, baseball executives are measured not in months or even seasons but rather their performance must be exptrapolated to 3 and 4 year intervals. That said I am bolstered in my enthusiasm by the qualitative trends seen so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I'd also give him an 'A' so far, but in order for him to stay there at the end of this season, he's going to have to somehow acquire another decent pitcher, and have a good amateur draft.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    I gave option C, but mainly because I wasn't sure what category to put. The first word that came to me when I read the title is promising. With that said, I think I will have to reserve judgement. He has done some good things, like M2 mentioned with signing Dunn to a good contract. I also love the flexibility he has created on this roster. I know a lot of people don't like the Hatteberg signing and for good reasons, but the flexibily for future moves that he created with this roster has been very interesting to watch.
    I voted A, but thought about C. I very much like the direction he's going but am very interested in seeing what he does in the upcoming draft and also afterward with adding non-drafted free agents.

Work left to do on the pitching front, of course, but the acquisitions of an affordable Arroyo and Phillips are huge plusses. His leadership skills seem solid, too (something O'Brien didn't have). As M2 mentioned, he's done some nice housecleaning in a short time.

The draft is not Krivsky's responsibility in my book -- that falls on Buckley and the scouting department.

The next grade on Krivsky will come with the next offense-for-pitching deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    The draft is not Krivsky's responsibility in my book -- that falls on Buckley and the scouting department.
    I agree, though a strong draft would indicate he's put the right person in the right place.

I agree, though a strong draft would indicate he's put the right person in the right place.
    Yeah, I guess. But the draft is such a crapshoot that you have to figure that no SD will have a good one every year and even the laziest/least capable ones will stumble into some nice picks.

What Special K and Mr. C have done in such a short time to the mess that has been known as the Cincinnati Reds is incredible...I'm even more excited to be a Reds fan now than I was before.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Still waiting for the aria.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?