Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather Tonight 4/25

Weather Tonight 4/25

Marc alluded to it on his blog that bad weather could be on the way tonight in DC. I checked weather.com and it's giving 60% chance of showers tonight...i'm not overally concerned, but we need to get it in while the Reds are hot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Weather Tonight 4/25

I'll take the rainout if it means Williams misses his start.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Tonight: Showers likely, mainly between 8pm and 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. North wind between 7 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClic...te=DC&site=LWX

Quote Originally Posted by vic715
    Chances are if tonight is rained out (and it doesn't look like tonight will be a washout by any stretch), there would be a double header tomorrow since this is Cincinnati's only trip into Washington this season. If it were to get rained out, he'd just be pushed back until tomorrow.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I can tell you right now it's a beautiful day in DC. I just went for a walk on the Mall and its about 70 degrees and hardly a cloud in the sky. Of course that doesn't mean it will change by tonight. But I can tell you that the weather people up here are not the best in the world at predicting DC weather.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by vic715
    I second that emotion

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    I can tell you right now it's a beautiful day in DC. I just went for a walk on the Mall and its about 70 degrees and hardly a cloud in the sky. Of course that doesn't mean it will change by tonight. But I can tell you that the weather people up here are not the best in the world at predicting DC weather.
    yeah, the weather here couldn't be better...but that doesn't mean it couldn't all fall apart in the next 6 hours.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

It's still beautiful here. There is a cold front coming through at some point this evening and that is what will trigger the rain. It may not come until later--and I would doubt the entire game is rained out. Hopefully, the Reds can get an early lead and hold it until 9 innings or the rain comes.
    Where we gonna go?

Its cold and rainy here in Columbus right now. We also have some wind... Not strong but its there...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    Hopefully, the Reds can get an early lead and hold it until 9 innings or the rain comes.
    You only need to get to the bottom of the fifth inning to have a full game consideration. Hopefully the Reds will have the lead by then.

Looking at the weather channel's hourly forecast their is about a 50% chance of rain in Washington from 4PM until about midnight tonight. They will try hard to play tonight because otherwise it is either a doubleheader right before they travel tomorrow or they would have to find a day off both teams have to go back to Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Looking at the weather channel's hourly forecast their is about a 50% chance of rain in Washington from 4PM until about midnight tonight. They will try hard to play tonight because otherwise it is either a doubleheader right before they travel tomorrow or they would have to find a day off both teams have to go back to Washington.
    Most generally those hourly forecasts are wrong and I would put no trust in them whatsoever. The best thing to do is go to www.weather.gov and look at their forecasts by first clicking on the general area of whaere you want on the big weather map on the homepage. From there you can click on a regional map of exactly where you want the forecast. They aren't hour by hour forecasts because they are not reliable, trust me. One of the funniest things I've every seen was when I was back in Cincinnati this past winter and Tim Hedrick on Channel 12 said it was going to start snowing at 2:43 am in the morning. Needless to say he didn't the minute or hour right and it started snowing at 8am that morning. The only reliable thing is a generalization of the time period such as "there is a chance of rain this evening". Now I have of course looked a the models today and it will rain in DC tonight no doubt but everything I am seeing is showing it will be later on the evening. It's 3 pm eastern right now and the rain isn't even showing up on the Baltimore/Washington radar which isn't surprising. My call on this is the game will at least be started tonight and it isn't totally out of the realm of possibility they could finish all 9 innings tonight.

FYI-at 5:00 pm in the DC area, it is party sunny but clouding up. Radar shows the rain is still in western West Virginia and Pittsburgh--which is probably at least 4 hours away. Unless thunderstorms develop in advance of this rain, most of the game should be able to be played.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    FYI-at 5:00 pm in the DC area, it is party sunny but clouding up. Radar shows the rain is still in western West Virginia and Pittsburgh--which is probably at least 4 hours away. Unless thunderstorms develop in advance of this rain, most of the game should be able to be played.
    The conditions aren't correct for convective precipitation ahead of the main line. I think they'll at least be able to call this an official game tonight so I wouldn't worry too much unless there is a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    The conditions aren't correct for convective precipitation ahead of the main line. I think they'll at least be able to call this an official game tonight so I wouldn't worry too much unless there is a tie.
    This is a serious question: are you a meteorologist or do you work in meteorology? Or are you a student of met.?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?