Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You Do This Deal For Marlins' Willis?

Re: Would You Do This Deal For Marlins' Willis?

I'd do the trade in a heart beat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

i would make that trade but florida would have a laugh fest.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Would I? Yes.

Would Florida? If you mean laugh in our face, then yes.
    I'd say that pretty well covers it. Plus Florida is looking for major league ready position players(especially OFs), not more pitching.

I could see Dontrelle Willis ending up in Arizona or with the Angels.
    Last edited by flyer85; 04-25-2006 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Tell me about it when Bailey has actually accomplished something.
    He hasn't torn anything yet
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Something to chew on:

Florida trades LHP Dontrelle Willis for RHP Homer Bailey, OF Chris Denorifa and RHP Elizardo Ramirez.

If you're both teams, would you do it?
    no, but only cause im not as high on willis as others. i dont think he will be worth what he will be payed.

I think it would only be worth doing the trade if Willis would be willing to agree on a contract extention.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I think it would only be worth doing the trade if Willis would be willing to agree on a contract extention.
    We wouldn't need an extension, per se. Willis came into the year with slightly less than three years of service time so under current rules he can't go free agent until after 2009. But he's arbitration-eligible so whoever gets him, if he's traded, would do well to set up a multi-year deal to get some cost certainty.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    This is always the condition given on message boards when discussing trades, but how often do players agree to contract extensions so that a trade can go through? I can't remember an instance where it has happened. The player has no reason to agree to a contract extension. They hold all the cards.

Sorry but if this trade was offered I jump on it and giggle that the marlins orginization is on the crack pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    This is always the condition given on message boards when discussing trades, but how often do players agree to contract extensions so that a trade can go through?
    Hey, on the board you can do the ole' sign and trade.

You can do trades that may appear unrealistic but the other GM will do it simply becasue he is stupid.

So don't say we can do the ole' trade and sign. Just becasue it doesn't happen in real life doesn't mean it can't happen on the board.

Hey I just got us Pujols for Aurilia and Pujols is deferring salary. So there.

Old Red Guard Reject

I would think more realistically would be something like Encarnacion, Bailey and Felipe Lopez for Willis would be what it takes to pry him away from the Marlins. Now, would anyone do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    I would think more realistically would be something like Encarnacion, Bailey and Felipe Lopez for Willis would be what it takes to pry him away from the Marlins. Now, would anyone do that?
    no

If ramirez and olson are coming yes I take it, pick up 2 starters and most importantly Ramirez is a non Boras client.

My friend just called me and said he saw a rumor in the Enquirer that the Reds might trade Encarnacion and Kearns, for Willis and Cabrera. This is the most ridiculously uneven trade I've ever heard of. Anyone see this? I couldn't find it on their website. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the Cincy Enquirer wrote this, but it is too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    My friend just called me and said he saw a rumor in the Enquirer that the Reds might trade Encarnacion and Kearns, for Willis and Cabrera. This is the most ridiculously uneven trade I've ever heard of. Anyone see this? I couldn't find it on their website. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the Cincy Enquirer wrote this, but it is too good to be true.
    You are exactly right...

That is too good to be true.

Turn Off Ads?