Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quotes from Dave Williams after the game

Quotes from Dave Williams after the game

"I felt like I could attack the strike zone," Williams said. "The home runs didn't bother me."

This was finally a step in the right direction as far as the aggressiveness," Williams said. "Our offense has been doing this all year -- giving us some room."

"The guys would score runs for me and I'd give them back," Williams said. "Coming over here, I felt like I pitched well off the bat and then had the two bad ones. It was getting late in the month. It's time to win a game. Things kind of went my way."

This last one is from Jerry Narron

"It was real big," manager Jerry Narron said. "I thought his velocity was better. I thought he kept the ball down much better than he has in the past."

These quotes just made me want to chuckle. He gave up 4 runs in 5 innings lucky for him Soriano is playing left field or he would be 0-3. I especially love Jerry's quote about his velocity being better. It sure couldn't get any worse.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Quotes from Dave Williams after the game

I'm not really amused. This is one of those cases where success can actually hurt you.

Williams was awful and if Narron thinks otherwise he'll just keep sending him out there. Anywhere but RFK against anyone but the Nats and it would have been very ugly.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

According to the team Williams job was never in trouble whether he won or lost.

Williams' job security was never in question,

"I felt like I could attack the strike zone," Williams said. "The home runs didn't bother me."
    well thats good Dave; seeing as how you are a big league--and you surrender lots of homers. He's like Milton's baby brother, or bizzaro world Milton, if you can imagine that monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDonkey44
    well thats good Dave; seeing as how you are a big league--and you surrender lots of homers. He's like Milton's baby brother, or bizzaro world Milton, if you can imagine that monstrosity.
    like i said at the time of his acquisiton, he's Eric Milton with worse stuff.

in fact, i think his perihphials will be similar to what Milton's were last year...just with fewer innings (thank God), and fewer K's.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5

the current management doesn't say what they really mean. They kept saying nice things sbout Womack and his PT and look what happened to him.

Williams is on a short leash and they won't let us know until the day he disappears.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    the current management doesn't say what they really mean. They kept saying nice things sbout Womack and his PT and look what happened to him.

Williams is on a short leash and they won't let us know until the day he disappears.
    I completely agree.

Oh, and I LOVE that underachievers have been vanishing in the night. Freaking great policy.

Maybe this is the kind of squeaker Williams needs to turn it around a bit. He surely didn't pitch that well but it's like a hitter in a slump that gets a little dink shot into left for a base hit to get him going again. It's something positive that he can build on. Maybe it'll bolster his confidence and add a mph or two to his fastball. Maybe he can get rid of the giant hump in his curve and break it off a little sharper. Maybe he can turn into the pitcher that LaRussa thought was one of the better lefties in the league at the end of last year. Maybe...uhhh...maybe...um...he'll...uh...OK, I'll quit now.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5

I'm not sure you can take that at face value. 99% of managers aren't going to be quoted as saying, "He better pitch well or he's going to be looking for apartments in Louisville." Ozzie Guillen might but I think even Ozzie may have some tact in that situation. If Williams had bombed last night, I believe there would have been a lot of thought about taking him out of the rotation. They may not have done it but I'm sure they would consider it. Next time out he gets to face StL again at GAB. Be sure to wear your hard hats if you are sitting in the OF, folks.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Looks like since Milton is hurt, I have a new pitcher to track for my HR-o-meter.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I completely agree.

Oh, and I LOVE that underachievers have been vanishing in the night. Freaking great policy.
    Yup, roster spots are suddenly a prized possession rather than an eternal right until you really screw up (flip off a fan, complain and moan in the clubhouse, etc.).
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

It's a wonder how pitchers like Dave Williams make it to the show and then somehow manage to stay there when you have so many guys that have pitched their guts out in AAA and never get the one shot.

Could he have pictures of someone?

I know he's only pitched once this year for the big club, but I'll take the Lizard any day over Chris Hammond's protege.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

There is only one ball park in America that Williams could have won that game last night and he was playing in it.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

He may have had a puncher's chance against Florida or San Diego on the road too, but that's about it...

Matter of fact, perhaps we can talk the Marlins into taking him? He's actually a better option for them at this point than Brian Moehler, and maybe we could get some low level prospect for him...

How's Steve Kelley doing this season?

Turn Off Ads?