Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/26/06 - Reds vs. Nationals Game Thread

Re: 4/26/06 - Reds vs. Nationals Game Thread

But, I would guess, some of his walks are pushing others into scoring position (or keeping them there without giving up an out), hence some of the RBI goodness for EE and Phillips...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Good point - but I would come back with Hatteberg has 60 plate appearances, almost all of them in the 5 hole (with a couple more in the third I believe) and has 4 RBI and only 7 runs scored. He is a statue of the basepaths which negates his OBP a little and even though he has continually batted with people on base has not been able to translate that BA nor that OBP into either runs driven in nor runs scored.

He might have a nice OBP but for a number 5 hitter he's no Dunn.
    SH has 38 ab's againt RH, RA 33, but points well taken. Hatteberg should bat no higher than 7th IMO.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Did anyone notice that Jose Vidro (He went 3-for-5 on Tuesday to raise his season average to .377. He leads the team in RBIs, with 15) isn't playing today? That's really good for us.

As well as Valentin's swinging the bat against RHP (.324/.359/.486) and since there are 3 C's on the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing him at 1B on a day like today, if he's not going to start at C.

I don't often type this, but I would be stunned if the Reds lost today's game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

He is a statue of the basepaths which negates his OBP a little and even though he has continually batted with people on base has not been able to translate that BA nor that OBP into either runs driven in nor runs scored.
    Aurilia isn't exactly Ryan Freel out there. He might be able to beat Mr. Hat in a footrace but it wouldn't be by a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Aurilia isn't exactly Ryan Freel out there. He might be able to beat Mr. Hat in a footrace but it wouldn't be by a lot.
    Yeah, you're right - I'd rather have Hatteberg out there versus a righthander. My problem is with where he is batting. People keep throwing out his awesome OBP, so I was just pointing out its hollow because of his statuesqueness (not even sure thats a word) and the fact that dude has been batting fifth against righties all year yet only has 4 RBI and 7 runs scored. Numbers much worse than they should be based on his OBP and his BA.

Hatteberg should be batting 7th, thats all I'm saying.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Yeah, you're right - I'd rather have Hatteberg out there versus a righthander. My problem is with where he is batting. People keep throwing out his awesome OBP, so I was just pointing out its hollow because of his statuesqueness (not even sure thats a word) and the fact that dude has been batting fifth against righties all year yet only has 4 RBI and 7 runs scored. Numbers much worse than they should be based on his OBP and his BA.

Hatteberg should be batting 7th, thats all I'm saying.
    I agree wth you if that means anything to ya.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Think it may be time to give Dunn a day off soon. He's really struggling recently.

Maybe Ramon will groove a couple for him.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

These kind of games always scare me, when we face a former Reds pitcher who was awful in a Reds uniform.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

We seem to handle Brian Mohler pretty well

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Even Bill Bangert is mocking Ramon del Jamon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy
    I agree. This is one of the better constructed lineups I've seen this year. Nice job Narron.
    I'd like to see EdE and Hatteberg swap spots in the batting order, but other than that I cannot complain.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Daryle Ward in for Jose Guillen in RF and Marlon Anderson in for Jose Vidro at 2B. The Nationals' offense will take a hit.

Here we go Reds here we go!!!
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?