Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 4-26 minor league score updates

4-26 minor league score updates

Louisville is losing 3-0 in the 6th inning

-Josh Hall is back in Louisville after starting one game in Chattanooga...he has allowed an earned run(three runs overall) on eight hits in 5 innings.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...ouaaa_colaaa_1

Chattanooga was postponed due to rain.

Sarasota is winning 11-2 after 6 innings

-Adam Rosales is 1-for-2 with a solo home run and two walks. Hopefully this is the end of his slump.

-Trevor Lawhorn is a perfect 3-for-3 with a double and home run. He needs a triple for the cycle.

-Jim Paduch: 6 innings, 6 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, 3 K's.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...akafa_sarafa_1

Dayton trails 5-4 in the 7th inning

-Jay Bruce is 0-for-3 again tonight...he has been slumping over the past five games or so.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...eoafx_dayafx_1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4-26 minor league score updates

Trevor Lawhorn is from my Hometown Wilmington,NC. I am glad to see he did well tonight.

Ive seen a lot of things in baseball.....but scoring 20 runs ranks right around the top....Congrats Sarasota
    Last edited by Shaknb8k; 04-26-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Final update:

Louisville was shutout 3-0.

-Chris Denorfia went 2-4 with both hits being singles.
    -Wagner: 1.2 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...ouaaa_colaaa_1

Sarasota won 20-2.

-Adam Rosales went 1-2 with a HR and three walks.
    -Tonys Gutierrez went 2-5 with a double, HR, and he also walked.
    -Lawhorn finished 3-5 with the double and HR.
    -Cody Strait went 2-6 with a HR and 4 RBI

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...akafa_sarafa_1

Dayton lost 6-4 to snap a four game winning streak.

-Bruce finished 0-3 with a walk.
    -Janish singled and walked in four trips to the plate.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...eoafx_dayafx_1

I went to the Louisville game tonight with a friend. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play close attention to give an in depth scouting report but I can give a few details. Hall didn't appear to have it too well tonight. Not sure if it was an off night or what. His line is very misleading. I'd like to see the runners left on base numbers. He danced out of several jams but players hit the ball hard on him. He lost it fast his last inning, it could have easily been 5-0 when he left as a player hit one very deep with the bases loaded that could have been a grand slam.

Other observations:
    -Came very close to extra innings, the Bats launched an offensive attack in the top of the 9th and there were two men on for Terrence Long. He sat on the pitcher's first pitch fast ball and crushed it. Easily the longest hit ball of the night but unfortunately he was a little too anxious and it hooked foul.

-Seems like Mario is very hands on with his starters. When Hall was pitching I never saw him leave the top step. He had a notebook and stopwatch with him as well. Nice to see him being so hands on. Also got a chance to meet him after the game and he was very nice and gracious to all of the fans looking for autographs.

-Guitierrez might be a little out of his game in AAA. I haven't seen him much other than when he played in Dayton but he seemed a little lost for most of the game at the plate. He took a few wild swings and other than crushing a ball he was way off at the plate. It could just be an early season funk, not really sure.

-Ditto for Rob Stratton.

-Denorfia hit the ball well. He went with the pitch nicely his last at bat and hit the ball to right field hard.

-Wagner, not really sure what to say about him. He seemed to be in the low 90's consistently. I did notice that all of the scouts behind the plate seemed to straighten up and pull out the radar guns when he came in. Not trying to jump to any conclusions, they just seemed extremely interested in what he was doing. There were probably about 7-8 scouts I noticed, at least in the home plate area.

And finally, man I love the Columbus Clippers games. No one in Columbus seems to care too much. My friend and I walked up at 6:45 and bought tickets one section over from directly behind homeplate, 5th row. Keep in mind all seats (Reserved, box, and general admission) were only $5 tonight. It was a very weak crowd and due to the chilly weather there were easily less than one thousand left by the end.

Cody Strait also hit his 5th homer today. He's quietly putting together a great season so far going 10 for 10 on stolen bases and hitting with a lot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude
    Cody Strait also hit his 5th homer today. He's quietly putting together a great season so far going 10 for 10 on stolen bases and hitting with a lot of power.
    That's funny timing, because I just made a post about Cody Strait on how well he is hitting this year.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-27-2006 at 12:02 AM.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

I thought Paduch was suspended for drug usage?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    I thought Paduch was suspended for drug usage?
    No...that was Ramon Ramirez and Justin Mallett.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...ws/261087.html

Turn Off Ads?