Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Blockbuster!

Blockbuster!

I just accepted this trade that was offered to me. Probably the craziest trade I've seen in a while....

I traded:

LF Barry Bonds
    SS Miguel Tejada
    1B/3B/RF Chad Tracy
    CL Bobby Jenks
    SP Mark Mulder

I received:

1B/LF Adam Dunn
    SS Jhonny Peralta
    1B Jason Giambi
    CL Tim Worrell
    SP Ben Sheets

Seems pretty even to me, but there are a few If's and but's. Bonds has started to hit HRs, but seems to be hurt. Tejada is good like always, but Peralta has started slow (but had a great rookie season so I'm hoping he comes around). They had Giambi on their bench behind Shelton & Thome so I got him for a lesser value than normal. It sucks losing Jenks, but Worrell is okay (had a recent bad outing), and Sheets is better than Mulder IMO, but just came back from an injury.

Here is my new team after the huge trade....

C J. Posada
    1B A. Pujols
    2B F. Lopez
    3B S. Rolen
    SS J. Peralta
    LF A. Dunn
    CF A. Jones
    RF L. Berkman
    UTIL J. Giambi / P. Burrell
    BN: P. Burrell / J. Giambi
    BN: B. Crosby (SS)

SP R. Harden
    SP J. Peavy
    SP B. Sheets
    RP H. Street
    RP C. Ray
    P T. Worrell
    BN: S. Kazmir
    DL N. Lowry

My lineup is pretty ridiculous, and my staff isn't too bad. Who should I start out of Burrell and Giambi? Should I try to trade one of them and Worrell for a top closer? Or package one with Kazmir for a good starter? Or just leave it alone?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Blockbuster!

Giambi has to start since he is in the middle of that explosive offense in NY.

Good trade for you imo. I'd say you need to try to get a stud closer to round out your team. Street is hurt and Worrell is just filling in until Benitez is healthy.

Try to flip Burrell or Giambi for a good closer.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    SP R. Harden
    SP J. Peavy
    SP B. Sheets
    RP H. Street
    RP C. Ray
    P T. Worrell
    BN: S. Kazmir
    DL N. Lowry
    Your staff sounds a lot like mine. I'm in a 10 team yahoo league with a lot of baseball-saavy friends from down in Louisiana. My staff is:

SP: D. Willis
    SP: J. Peavy
    SP: C. Capuano
    SP: J. Beckett
    RP: C. Ray
    RP: H. Street
    RP: C. Reitsma
    P: Mike Timlin (Holds are a stat in my league)

I have to say, I've been disappointed with Huston Street thus far. His ERA is awful, and it sounds like he's gonna have nagging torso muscle injuries all season. My bullpen was weak to begin with, this only makes matters worse. I tried all week to pawn him off on someone else, but nobody was biting.

It sucks being in a league where everyone knows their baseball.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'm not a big fan of your trade what so ever. The reason why...I own both Lopez and Peralta in one of my league and there killing me. However I picked up Lowell and J.Wilson and haven't played Peralta or Lopez in 2 weeks. I went from last in a 10 team league to 3rd.

Just a heads up, something you might have to deal with.

Peralta has slumped so far this year, but if you look at his stats from last year, you can't get much better at SS. I think he will improve. Lopez has quite a few SBs so I can handle him for now, I think he will improve as well.

I'm not really that worried about it.

I'm sure they will turn it around and have fine numbers. I just know my team suffered with them. That's a fact.

Good luck.

Yeah, I wish they would hurry.

Turn Off Ads?