Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delmon Young

Re: Delmon Young

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Very strange looking on the replay I saw on sportcenter. The catchers reaction was kinda like okay I better put my mask on. The pitcher just stared in like what the f***
    The catcher was none other than Corky Miller.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I would suspend him for the rest of the season. This guy will never get another call in his life either.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

One Man Army

Should be fun to see the legal ramifications of this one. RI's criminal statute seems to indicate he could get charged with felony assault if the umpire decided to take that route. Given the special treatment and access to high-priced lawyers athletes tend to have, my gut tells me he'll get the charges knocked down to the point of getting probation plus community service (if this ended up going to court).

However, I'm guessing a lawsuit followed by a settlement is most likely.

As for his penalty, Pete Rose's 30 day vacation for getting into a shoving match with an ump back in 1988 should provide a good indicator for this one, as opposed to the Alomar and Everett incidents. I'm guessing Young gets between 50-100 games.

Saw the video; totally inexcusable.

I hope they suspend him the rest of the season.

And as someone else mentioned, this will haunt him in regards to umps and calls for the rest of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    And as someone else mentioned, this will haunt him in regards to umps and calls for the rest of his career.
    Not so sure about that considering the ump in question was a "scab". I'm sure there is a portion of the striking umps that will claim the incident would have been defused properly had the home plate ump been more experienced, blah blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz
    Not so sure about that considering the ump in question was a "scab". I'm sure there is a portion of the striking umps that will claim the incident would have been defused properly had the home plate ump been more experienced, blah blah blah...
    That may be but you gotta figure every time an umpire makes a call Delmon doesn't like, scab or no scab, they are thinking in the back of their minds he might do something similar to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

here is his weak excuse/apology
    "I sincerely regret my actions in the game yesterday," Young said in a statement released by the office of his agent, Arn Tellem. "Regrettably, in the heat of the competition my emotions got the better of me.

"My behavior was completely unacceptable. I want everyone to know that I recognize that it is never right to throw a bat and I certainly never intended for the bat to make contact with the umpire. Nevertheless, I owe an apology to my team, the fans and most importantly to the umpire, for the incident. I am sorry."
    I posted this on the other board but this is such crap, I hope he gets suspended for the rest of the season and the ump sues him for some of his signing bonus.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I like How Corky Miller sorta saw it happened, shrugged it off and got himself ready for the next batter.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath
    He should be more like his brother. Just keep your mouth shut, go back to the dugout, and grab yourself a box of Twinkies.
    SPORTS PEOPLE: BASEBALL; Players Banned in Fan Attack

Published: August 2, 1995
    Two players from the Class AA Arkansas Travelers were suspended indefinitely after attacking a pair of heckling Wichita Wranglers fans in the stands.

Witnesses at Monday night's Texas League game in Wichita, Kan., said DMITRI YOUNG, 22, punched a man and KEITH JONES, 24, hit another man in the back with a bat. Neither of the two fans requested medical attention. Witnesses said at least one of the fans kept calling Young "Pork Chop." (AP)

After this incident, an Arkansas newspaper ran a story about Dmitri breaking a man's jaw when he was fifteen.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Dmitri also had that white goatee which should have brought a lawsuit too.

This will haunt him the remainder of his career.

Everywhere he goes, even at home, the fans will get drunk and taunt him mercilessly.

karma karma karma karma karma chameleon...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    This will haunt him the remainder of his career.

Everywhere he goes, even at home, the fans will get drunk and taunt him mercilessly.

karma karma karma karma karma chameleon...........
    He could throw bats at them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj
    He could throw bats at them, too.
    They might throw them back
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?