Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Let's kick the Astros in the Oswalt

Let's kick the Astros in the Oswalt

I'm sick of that bleeping pitcher. I want: Dunn to lift a few DEEP off him, whiplash style, Freel to give him diarrhea worring about stolen bases, EE and BP to burn him with drives through the originator, I want blood, I want him removed from the mound in humiliation. Yes, this is not a good post, it is a rant--who's with me!
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Let's kick the Astros in the Oswalt

Don't sell yourself short, it's an excellent post.

They call me "chef"

What is Berkman going to do this weekend when those 280 foot line drives don't hit off the top of the left field wall?

I'll say this now.

If Claussen shows up with his best stuff for atleast 6 innings of work.........we can beat him....... maybe not put the LOSS on his belt, but we're a much better team at the plate now.. instead of plating runs we are taking pitchers DEEP into a count b4 we get them.

Key to beating him:
    Gotta Get him out of the game EArly.. or like today vs the Nats we gotta jump on him EARLY to rattle him.

Claussen HAS to show up, and defense does as well.

I cant wait
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by GridironGrace
    I
    Key to beating him:
    Gotta Get him out of the game EArly.. or like today vs the Nats we gotta jump on him EARLY to rattle him.

Claussen HAS to show up, and defense does as well.

I cant wait
    Have some players dive into some pitches so they get hit, then maybe the ump will warn him... then dive into another pitch and hope he gets thrown out.

Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore!!!

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by GridironGrace
    I'll say this now.

If Claussen shows up with his best stuff for atleast 6 innings of work.........we can beat him.......
    We're screwed!

Last year, Oswalt was 4-0 vs the Reds, with a 2.03 ERA. He gave up a total of 19 hits, 6 ERs. He had one start at GAB on April 15th (vs Wilson), and went 7 innings. They won 11-2. His other three victories were all quality starts.

Impossible? No. But it's gonna be rough.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm with ya! And I love the title of this thread!

For a Level Playing Field

I'm with ya too, wheelhouse. Let's take a trip down memory lane...

2004 Season
    May 21-24. Astros come to Cincy for a 4-game series. The Astros are in 1st place, 1 game up on the REDS and Cubs. The REDS had cut 3-games off that Astros lead in the week prior to the series. When the series concluded... the REDS were in 1st place by a 1/2-game over the Cubs. Houston got swept and left town in 3rd place!

Game 1: REDS 7 - Houston 4
    Game 2: REDS 8 - Houston 7
    Game 3: REDS 7 - Houston 0
    Game 4: REDS 7 - Houston 5

The REDS won games 2 & 4 in their last at-bats. The REDS began an 18-day stay in 1st place after the series.

Turn Off Ads?