Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Im tired of Barry Bonds!!!!!

Im tired of Barry Bonds!!!!!

Am I the only one on this board that is SICK of hearing about Barry Bonds?? You can't turn it on any sports channels without hearing about Bonds and his believed steriods use and the HR chase after Babe Ruth.Im sick of his antics on tv and smart mouthed talk when he is asked a question.Everytime he hits a hr he puts his finger to his mouth like hes saying be quiet and take that naysayers.

This guy is a joke!!!!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Im tired of Barry Bonds!!!!!

Did you hear the heroic music BBTN played when reflecting on Bonds' 73 hr season?
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    Did you hear the heroic music BBTN played when reflecting on Bonds' 73 hr season?

no I did'nt watch BBTN tonight!! What was it Oh hail to the steroid king??

Sooner he gets out of the game the better.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203

Sooner he gets out of the game the better.

Exactly and if he gets to go to the HOF then Pete Rose should be able to get elected to.

I am so tired of the Chasing Ruth thing on the ESPN bottom line, and the Bonds on Bonds TV show.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Such is life in the American media. If you are a bad person or do something wrong... then you get your own TV show and are "the talk" in the American media.

Barry Bonds... always been a jerk to the media and the public. Steroids 101. Adulterer and threatener of the mistress.

Martha Stewart... the media loved the day she was released from jail so they could interview her w/out going through the prison security first. Gets her own Apprentice show after jail. Always known as a toughie to work for or be around.

Etc, etc. And guess what? The media would not do it if the public did not eat it up. So I guess we can blame the media and our society. As there are many of us who get sick of seeing "these types", the are just as many (if not more) that eat it up.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

What irritates me is that Bonds only wants to pass Ruth.. not Aaron. But what he should relize is that Ruth will always be the best baseball player to grace this game and Bonds will just be someone who had to enhance his game to achieve his so called "greatness." I cringe at hearing his sqeaky voice and fear turning on ESPN to see Bonds.

Bonds is being investigated by congress for perjury.. Hello.. Why are we celebrating his chase?

I think it is great. Bonds has not been proven guililty of anything. He is chasing a record no one thought would be broken. He has not tested positive for steroids so how can anyone say he is cheating.

It has been proven that if you use you will get caught. There was a minor league player caught this week and he is sitting out for 50 games. It proves testing really works.

I have to say Bonds is no angel with the Media, but a few years ago when the Giants were in town at the old stadium, we had seats down the right field line in row one.

A couple of drunks kept yelling at Bonds to turn around so they could get a pitcture of his ^&%&^$ face. Bonds did not turn around and we could tell he heard what the guys were saying. My son who was 5 at the time could not understand why those men were yelling at such a great player as Barry Bonds.

The next inning I told my son to yell over to Mr. Bonds and say he was a great player and thanks for playing on a Sunday so he could see him.

It took two innings of him telling Bonds the same thing (all this while the two idiots kept yelling at him), but Bonds did turn (he was about 40 feet away) looked at my son, smiled, gave him a thumbs up and said "thanks kid"

My kid has been a Barry Bonds fan since and three years later still talks about Bonds talking to him.

He become an Adam Dunn fan that day also. Dunn hit two homeruns that day.

So Barry is not all that bad. I was even impressed that he would take notice of a 5 year old kid in the stands.

I say give him a break. He is one of the best players of all time and I have had the chance to see it happen.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexad
    It has been proven that if you use you will get caught.
    Really?

Don't give this information to the BALCO-type labs in the world who work hard everyday to make drugs that cannot be detected. And then when they can be detected, they move on to the next undetectable drug project. Marion Jones (never failed a test) and many others wouldn't like that!

Didn't Gary Sheffield admit to "unknowingly" using some "undetectables" while hangin' with Barry? Has Gary ever failed a test?

BALCO-types like this way of thinking and laugh all the way to the bank.... until the FEDS come a-knockin'.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    What irritates me is that Bonds only wants to pass Ruth.. not Aaron. But what he should relize is that Ruth will always be the best baseball player to grace this game and Bonds will just be someone who had to enhance his game to achieve his so called "greatness." I cringe at hearing his sqeaky voice and fear turning on ESPN to see Bonds.

Bonds is being investigated by congress for perjury.. Hello.. Why are we celebrating his chase?

First of all Bonds is being investigated. That does not mean he is guilty. Congress investigated just about everyone who testified, but we did not and will not hear about it. McGwire was investigated. Sosa was also.

Bonds feels this is a racial thing. Is is right about that ? I do not know and I really do not think so. I look at Bonds as a baseball player, just like I do with any other player. Remember Aaron was bashed and threatened the whole time he was chasing Ruth for being African American.

Bonds has his eyes set on Ruth because he is next in line to pass. There is pressure on him and that is expected.

I have read that he does not want to pass Aaron because he feels he broke the record Ruth held and he does not want to take anything away from Aaron and his legacy because of how he was treated during his chase. I think it would be more of a respect for Aaron than anything else.

Also Ruth was not a great person. He drank, smoked, chased women and did all the wrong things off the field, but it appears that is okay?

Ruth was a great player and I wish I would have been alive to see him play.

Bonds is going to continue to hit homeruns and break Ruth's record. If he decides to go after Aaron, more power to him. We may never see this again.

Pete's record is not even close to being challenged. After Bonds who could even come close to 600 homeruns let alone 700 +. No pitcher is going to have an ERA under 1.00 or come close to Gibson.

No pitcher is going to strike out 500 hitters like Carlton or Ryan did.

No pitcher is going to win 30 games. Bob Welsh got 27 one year and Ron Gidry had 26 ro 27.

The game has changed so much that what we are seeing might be the last chance at history for a very long long long time.

I say enjoy it, witness it, talk about it 40 years from now.

Until Bonds is proven guilty of anything, I am rooting for him to hit a homerun and to continue to build the totals.
    Taylor High School

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Really?

Don't give this information to the BALCO-type labs in the world who work hard everyday to make drugs that cannot be detected. And then when they can be detected, they move on to the next undetectable drug project. Marion Jones (never failed a test) and many others wouldn't like that!

Didn't Gary Sheffield admit to "unknowingly" using some "undetectables" while hangin' with Barry? Has Gary ever failed a test?

BALCO-types like this way of thinking and laugh all the way to the bank.... until the FEDS come a-knockin'.
    If a player is using a drug that the test covers and is considered illegal, it will be discovered.

The so called Creams that Bonds and Shef used were not covered in the test. Is that the fault of the taker if in fact it did happen.

If baseball wants to catch someone doing wrong, they have to come up with a system of checks and balance to determine it.

They can not say we are testing for steriods, but we can not catch them all. If you want to ban something, have a full proof plan to establish that goal.

It appears baseball, congress and whoever just want to run around looking important and not be at fault for allowing something that they have total control over regarding how to make it work.

Again, Bonds should not be ripped for something he has not been proven to be involved with. That my friend is how American works.

What are we saying if a person is stated to be guilty when he has not been proven to be guilty.
    Taylor High School

Sweet... a Barry Bonds apologist. *puke*

I concur with Alexad. Bonds is no angel, but there's no question that through his career, he's been a tremendous ballplayer. Ted Williams was no lover of the media and wasn't exactly fond of the Bosox fans, but there was no question he was a great ballplayer.

With regards to steroids, I'm not sure baseball is on the right track. It's clear there is a problem as the performance enhancing drugs have made some records nearly meaningless. And yet baseball ate up the home run chases between McGuire and Sosa, and subsequently Bonds. Why? Because MLB screwed up royally and destroyed a baseball season and everyone hated the game because of it. Now's its proving to be a Pandora's box.

Bonds won't be the first player to have hung on for some record or another or played past his prime (e.g. Willie Mays) and he won't be the last. And he won't be the last player to be nasty to people or the media, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    I am so tired of the Chasing Ruth thing on the ESPN bottom line, and the Bonds on Bonds TV show.
    turn the channel.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?