Turn Off Ads?

Thread: For Those Who Didn't Notice

For Those Who Didn't Notice

OBM has done a real service on a PBP of Homer Bailey's very early start today for Sarasota.

6 IP, 9 Ks, 2 BBs, 0 hits is his line through six.

The thread on the minors forum here:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45461

GREAT start for Bailey, building on a very good start to 2006...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: For Those Who Didn't Notice

Bailey seems to have much better control/command of his stuff this year. Perhaps last year was a fluke. I've also read/heard that the Reds gave him a mandate to throw his secondary stuff a certain percentage of his picthes per game in order to help his development. All that stuff is out the window under the new Krivsky regime.

He keeps this up, and its going to be awfully hard to keep him at Sarasota..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Ahem. Bailey is at it again. OBM and Doug are keeping up with it over on the minors section, but Bailey is through four innings so far tonight, 0 hits, 1 BB and 8 Ks.

The location of the thread that OBM and Doug have going:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45885

As updated in the thread yonder, Bailey now through 6, 0 hits, 1 BB and 11 Ks.

Folks may still bemoan his consistency, but dominence is starting to poke its head up in Sarasota...

I'm one of those that doesn't want to rush the kid, but I'd be interested to see how he would stack up in Chattanooga or even Louisville.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Turn Off Ads?