Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A bachelor party is headed to Cincy.....

A bachelor party is headed to Cincy.....

I am having my personal bachelor party this Saturday down in Cincinnati. After being together for 10 years I figured she was a keeper We are going to the game obviously at 1:15, then that is where I need some suggestions.

Many in this same group went to another bachelor party in Cincinnati a couple years ago and we ended up going to Mt. Adams area and we had a really good time. My question is this, is Mt. Adams still the place to go for mid twenty somethings? Is there some new area that is popular? We are all past the college bar scene but don't neccesarily want to go to an actual night club either. I have no clue so we could use some input.

Also, we are going to go to dinner somewhere after the game and I need some suggestions on that as well. We aren't looking to drop a ton of money on dinner but I'd like it to be a nice place. Thoughts?

We are staying at the Hilton downtown if that makes getting to anywhere easier. Walking is not somethng we have to do because we have a 18 passenger van and a DD who will drive us around.

Again, no matter what we do, this group is going to have a blast. We'd just like to hear some suggestions from people in and around Cincy.

Thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A bachelor party is headed to Cincy.....

Newport on the Levy/Mainstrasse in Newport has a lot of fun nightlife.

Also, its a "just take a stroll around" type community.

Plenty of bars, restaurants, movies theatres, etc...

Good move on the DD.

I had a buddy who took us to Windsor for a BP. Don't remember a thing.

There used to be an old bar on the Mt. Adams on Oregon Street called City View Tavern. Hole in the Wall type place, but the beer was cold and the people were friendly. View off the back towards the city was the prettiest thing I'd seen. Dinner was great - lots of "bar" type food-burgers, fried stuff, etc.

I'd go there - great place to listen to a ball game, etc.

As far as Dinner goes - that Italian Restaraunt next to Paul Brown Stadium doesn't look the greatest outside - but inside - yumm. I forget the name
    Last edited by Heath; 04-27-2006 at 05:07 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Good move on the DD.

As far as Dinner goes - that Italian Restaraunt next to Paul Brown Stadium doesn't look the greatest outside - but inside - yumm. I forget the name
    Pasta + Liquor = Recipe for Disaster or at least a cleaning bill for your 18 pak van.
    Last edited by RBA; 04-27-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Hofbrauhaus
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    There used to be an old bar on the Mt. Adams on Oregon Street called City View Tavern. Hole in the Wall type place, but the beer was cold and the people were friendly. View off the back towards the city was the prettiest thing I'd seen. Dinner was great - lots of "bar" type food-burgers, fried stuff, etc.

I'd go there - great place to listen to a ball game, etc.
    Ah yes. The 'See View'. I used to live at Celestial Towers. You could go out through the parking garage and down the stairs to Oregon St. and across to City View. Came in handy when I didn't want to cook and I didn't care what I ate. Lived up to its' name though.

Rem

What? And we aren't invited?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    What? And we aren't invited?
    Everyone who is at the game on Saturday is invited. We'll be out in 104 I think. Just look for the 12 idiots who have a lot of beer in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Just look for the 12 idiots who have a lot of beer in front of them.
    Oh, that narrows it down...
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Oh, that narrows it down...
    While there are a lot of idiots with beers in the stands, finding 12 in the same 2 rows in Section 104 shouldn't be to hard

I'll rephrase it then, look for the 1 incredibly attractive man and his 11 goofball friends in Section 104 with a lot of beer in front of them.

While there are a lot of idiots with beers in the stands, finding 12 in the same 2 rows in Section 104 shouldn't be to hard

I'll rephrase it then, look for the 1 incredibly attractive man and his 11 goofball friends in Section 104 with a lot of beer in front of them.
    So who's the incredibly attractive man???
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

In other words, look for the guy that looks like Gapper after having drank 14 beers and his 11 buddies showing no sympathy at all while he's hurling into the bullpen...

Congratulations, Buckeye. Have a good time, and enjoy the start of your new life.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Well, everyone including myself is still alive and no one got arrested. We had a great time at the Reds game, and sat out in left field and entertained the whole section with our antics.

We ended up eating at Champs in the Hyatt. Not the best place, but we ended up having a really good time there.

Then we ended up out at Mt. Adams. No clue what two places we ended up at but they were quite entertaining. Needless to say the beers and shots were flowing and we all had a great time.

Turn Off Ads?