Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Oester arrested

Re: Ron Oester arrested

Neat.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I always thought Oester was one of the most overrated Reds. He had what- one good year? Though he was always a fan favorite.

Yet everyone wanted to ride Eric Davis out of there....never ceased to amaze me how that town could absolutely not judge baseball talent.

Adam Dunn bats .240 with an OBP of close to.400 and he stinks. Just ask the WLW listening audience. I had a relative tell me that the other day- he said Dunn struck out too much. I asked him if it would make him feel better if he grounded out more.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

No one turned the double play more efficiently. His .264 average in 1983 was second only to Dan Driessen's .277. Excellent year for the Reds offense.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

What a hot head.

Ironic he and Jimbo were arrested recently, now they have something in common at least.

Yet everyone wanted to ride Eric Davis out of there....never ceased to amaze me how that town could absolutely not judge baseball talent.
    Scrappy - A Baseball State of Being

scrap·py (skrp)
    adj. scrap·pi·er, scrap·pi·est
    1. Quarrelsome; contentious.
    2. Full of fighting spirit.
    3. OESTER!

I saw this on the local news tonight. He's awaiting a bond hearing.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Scrappy....
    Screaming laughing....
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This
    No one turned the double play more efficiently. His .264 average in 1983 was second only to Dan Driessen's .277. Excellent year for the Reds offense.
    Beat out Junior Kennedy in '80....Local boy did good...hit .295 in '85 ..won a Hutch Award for his "fighting spirit"...

He's Pete Rose ... with more hothead and the value-sized bag of Lay's on his shoulder.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I always thought Oester was one of the most overrated Reds. He had what- one good year? Though he was always a fan favorite.

Adam Dunn bats .240 with an OBP of close to.400 and he stinks. Just ask the WLW listening audience. I had a relative tell me that the other day- he said Dunn struck out too much. I asked him if it would make him feel better if he grounded out more.
    How many games you go to? Adam Dunn is the most popular player on the team along with Griffey. Do you not realize that talk radio is going to bring out the whiners and the idiotic fans?

Cincinnati has many bad baseball fans, but also plenty great one's.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Yes when runners are on 2nd or 3rd with less than 2 outs that would be great...
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This

i remember seasons where the reds were lucky to have someone hit 15 homeruns.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Ron is making up for his pasivity over the years. Seriously -- I wouldn't be surprised if he ran in to a few disgruntled demented doughnut eaters on an Oester Fast.

Things have taken a downward turn for Oester after he didn't get the managers job in Cincy.

..........well if he would ground out with runners on he might actually knock in a run--cant do that striking out all the time

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

..........well if he would ground out with runners on he might actually knock in a run--cant do that striking out all the time
    Yeah, and then he might not hit 49 homers a year because he's trying to make basic contact. I'll take the 40 plus dingers and the 40 percent OBP over the dude who knocks in runs with a ground out any day.

This isn't 1979.

Turn Off Ads?