Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would you Make EZ watch Maddux pitch?

Would you Make EZ watch Maddux pitch?

It Seems that EZ has that Maddux type of control so would you make him study his last four starts? I am not sure how close their stuff is but Maddux is not overpowering just like EZ. I know Soto has been working with EZ on a good changeup and EZ is starting to throw a 2 seam fastball, not sure how much sink he gets on it. With EZ only being 23 I am not sure what kind of ceiling he has but if he can throw 4 pitches for stikes with Maddux type of control you would think he would be a solid #2.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All dyslexics must untie!

Re: Would you Make EZ watch Maddux pitch?

EZ reminds me more of Felix Rodriguez. A free slinger.
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    EZ reminds me more of Felix Rodriguez. A free slinger.
    or Ramon Ortiz. His windup kind of favors Pedro Martinez as well.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I think mentioning EZ and Maddux in the same sentence favorably was the kindest thing one could ever say about our young 23 year old. He had a decent start in a huge pitcher's park, let's keep it in context and realize that he's not the next big thing to break into the Reds 25 man roster. If he had all the talent that after 1 major league start this year that people are giving him credit, then he would have come north with the team out of ST, instead of never seeing the 6th IIRC in any of his AAA starts so far this year.

Personally I think anyone with a FB < 92 mph should watch maddux. One of the best finesse pitchers of all time.

And sadly, EZ does remind me a lot of Ramon Ortiz. But a lot of that might be because of his physical features

Turn Off Ads?