Turn Off Ads?

Thread: One for the Nintendo Generation...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

One for the Nintendo Generation...

A friend of mine sent this video clip to me last night. It's a group of college kids staging an "live action" version of the first level from "Super Mario Brothers" from the original Nintendo.

If you're over 20 and under 30, this'll probably make you a little nostalgic...and it definately made me wish I had this kind of free time:

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...bros#more-1664
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: One for the Nintendo Generation...

Just...stunning.

Between this, the RBI Baseball Game 6 thing, emulated Duck Hunt (where you can shoot the obnoxious dog), and the constant barrage of Contra cheat code jokes, it's a good time for NES-related comedy.

I'd slide the scale up 5 years on both ends.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Dang it...now I have to scour eBay for an original NES.

many many Intro to Psychology classes were skipped freshman year in college due to the "Super Techmo Bowl" league we had.

I never thought anything could have been as cool as paper football and strat-a-matic baseball.

Then came Nintendo. Hello academic probation - for my roomate.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    Dang it...now I have to scour eBay for an original NES.
    True Story: I decided, for my final year down at Tulane, that I was going to bring my Nintendo down to get some old-school gaming going. I had a whole collection of classic games, from the original "Legend of Zelda" to some classic sports titles like "Tecmo Super Bowl" and "Baseball Stars." So, I took all my old Nintendo equipment, threw it into a duffel bag and put it by my car to take down to school.

Well, as was often the case, I had too much stuff coming down with me to fit neatly inside my Jeep. So, I dug out one of the old "Roof Pouches" and lassoed one of those to the car and put stuff up in there, including the duffel bag with the Nintendo.

Fast forward about 10 hours later, I'm somewhere in the middle of nowhere Alabama doing close to three digits down the highway at 2 in the morning. All of a sudden the roof of my car starts to shake like it's being hopped on by Donkey Kong. Out my rearview mirror I see stuff flying all over the highway: the roof pouch had opened slightly and the air rushing in had ripped the entire thing open. My belongings were flying around the highway behind me.

I quickly pull off the side of the road and start running like a madman in the middle of a pitch black highway to collect my stuff that had strewn about. Well, about that time, a giant two-trailer semi goes blowing past and completely flattens about half my stuff, including the duffel bag that had my original Nintendo (bought when I was just a wee 'un) and all the game cartridges.

So, Rest in Peace Nintendo -- wherever on I-65 you are.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 04-27-2006 at 10:35 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    True Story: I decided, for my final year down at Tulane, that I was going to bring my Nintendo down to get some old-school gaming going. I had a whole collection of classic games, from the original "Legend of Zelda" to some classic sports titles like "Tecmo Super Bowl" and "Baseball Stars." So, I took all my old Nintendo equipment, threw it into a duffel bag and put it by my car to take down to school.

Well, as was often the case, I had too much stuff coming down with me to fit neatly inside my Jeep. So, I dug out one of the old "Roof Pouches" and lassoed one of those to the car and put stuff up in there, including the duffel bag with the Nintendo.

Fast forward about 10 hours later, I'm somewhere in the middle of nowhere Alabama doing close to three digits down the highway at 2 in the morning. All of a sudden the roof of my car starts to shake like it's being hopped on by Donkey Kong. Out my rearview mirror I see stuff flying all over the highway: the roof pouch had opened slightly and the air rushing in had ripped the entire thing open. Belongs were flying around the highway behind me.

I quickly pull off the side of the road and start running like a madman in the middle of a pitch black highway to collect my stuff that had strewn about. Well, about that time, a giant two-tractor semi goes blowing past and completely flattens about half my stuff, including the duffel bag that had my original Nintendo (bought when I was just a wee 'un) and all the game cartridges.

Hahahahahhahaah oh i'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, CE, but that sounds like something straight out of Seinfeld.

Awesome link, btw, I had to share that with all my friends.

That's a sad story CE...

Cool video
    Go Gators!

Future Reds All Star

That was pretty cool!

Pretty cool, but a little too long in parts.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Just to echo what many have already said.

Very cool, and pretty clever too.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

I love that kind of creative thinking. I would have liked to see the swimming portion...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

I bought a NES replacement called Generation NEX that is pretty good and costs $50. It's a little off in some of it's colors (and won't play Castlevania III) but other than that it brought new life to my retro gaming. It was a blast pulling out old titles liek Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Little League Baseball.

Thanks for the link; I have some friends who used to do stuff like that in college so I always enjoy things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor

Fast forward about 10 hours later, I'm somewhere in the middle of nowhere Alabama doing close to three digits down the highway at 2 in the morning. All of a sudden the roof of my car starts to shake like it's being hopped on by Donkey Kong. Out my rearview mirror I see stuff flying all over the highway: the roof pouch had opened slightly and the air rushing in had ripped the entire thing open. My belongings were flying around the highway behind me.

I quickly pull off the side of the road and start running like a madman in the middle of a pitch black highway to collect my stuff that had strewn about. Well, about that time, a giant two-trailer semi goes blowing past and completely flattens about half my stuff, including the duffel bag that had my original Nintendo (bought when I was just a wee 'un) and all the game cartridges.

Turn Off Ads?