Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Junior today....

No Junior today....

According to Marc's Blog, Junior will not be activated today.

Either he's more hurt then they're telling us, or they're on the verge of a trade. Either scenerio seems possible w/ this franchise.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No Junior today....

Thanks for the heads up.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Here's the scoop from the blog directly.
    No Junior today

Word from the Reds is that Ken Griffey Jr. will not be activated from the disabled list today. Go figure. Further details to come on that when I get to the park in a couple of hours.

Also, for those of you who might be interested in watching me make a fool of myself, I'm supposed to be on ESPNews at 4:30 p.m. today. We'll see how that goes. Go easy on me
    I wonder if he will be wearing his UGA helmet....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Here's the scoop from the blog directly.

I wonder if he will be wearing his UGA helmet....
    Can you post a link to Marc's blog. I've been meaning to bookmark it, but keep forgetting...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Can you post a link to Marc's blog. I've been meaning to bookmark it, but keep forgetting...
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

FWIW - the spring title is still from last spring.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford

Either he's more hurt then they're telling us, or they're on the verge of a trade. Either scenerio seems possible w/ this franchise.
    I've heard from way too many different palces that Junior is fine to think they're hiding a more serious injury.

I just think they're painted into a corner on the roster right now and really don't know what to do. I thought for sure they were going to try and move a catcher, but they haven't really been featuring anyone lately. It'll be interesting to see what kind of juggling job they do.

If Griffey is ready, I imagine he's none too pleased with being forced to sit the pine while the team figures out how to turn lead into more options.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

DFA McCracken - I don't know why its that hard.

Its obvious that the PBTNL in the Phillips deal is NOT Cody Ross.

Here's the skeptical point of view: if Griffey is really ready to play, nothing keeps him off the roster. No trade (unless it is KGJr. himself), no roster consideration, nothing. So I have to believe he is not ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I've heard from way too many different palces that Junior is fine to think they're hiding a more serious injury.
    If that's the case then why not have him out there against Oswalt. The more lefties the better.

All we've heard it is day-to-day, very minor yada yada yada. Now his 15 days are up and with a big series against the Astros there is no Jr. That is not a good sign.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by medford

I thought I heard either yesterday or the day before that he still had tightness behind his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    Here's the skeptical point of view: if Griffey is really ready to play, nothing keeps him off the roster. No trade (unless it is KGJr. himself), no roster consideration, nothing. So I have to believe he is not ready to play.
    I don't think it can be read any other way. If he is not ready to play now, then when? Honestly I don't expect him back anytime soon because of how tight lipped the Reds have been since he went on the DL. I think they are hiding something.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Hal (McCoy, DDN) said that he was ready to go 'on schedule'. This was either Wednesday or Thursdays paper.

EDIT-Here's the Bank President's take on Wednesday.

Griffey's return on schedule
    Reds notebook: Junior's rehab going well; he's ready to come off disabled list Friday
    BY JOHN FAY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
    WASHINGTON - Ken Griffey Jr. passed his most extensive test since going on the disabled list.

He ran the bases at 90 to 100 percent Monday. The key was he had no ill effects from the workout Tuesday.

That put him on schedule to come off the disabled list Friday - the first day that he's eligible.

"It's going good," trainer Mark Mann said. "(Tuesday) was more of a recovery day. But it was important to see how he felt.

"He said he was fine."

Griffey slightly hyper-extended his right knee running in the outfield at Wrigley Field on April 12.

He was day-to-day for five days. He even was on deck to pinch-hit twice.

But when the soreness kept returning, the Reds had medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek exam him.

Griffey was diagnosed with a strained tendon in the knee. He was place on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 13.

Reds manager Jerry Narron said Griffey will get built-in rest days when he returns.

"He's not going to like it," Narron said. "He wants to play every day."
    Last edited by Heath; 04-28-2006 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    Agreed. A home weekend series against Houston and he's still not activated? He's simply not ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I don't think it can be read any other way. If he is not ready to play now, then when? Honestly I don't expect him back anytime soon because of how tight lipped the Reds have been since he went on the DL. I think they are hiding something.
    Hasn't Junior's injuries always seem to be hidden?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

They're probably working on a deal for the roster move to bring him back -- the party they were dealing with probably held out because they thought the Reds would come down in whatever their demands were because they wanted a deal done by Friday to get Jr. activited.

Otherwise who gets DFA'd? Q is obviously a Krivsky favorite as a pinch hitter and defensive replacement. Their new aquisitions have no options. They can't send a pitcher because they're stretched too thin with the bad starting pitching they're getting from Claussen and Williams.

I expect something will break tonight or tomorrow.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?