Turn Off Ads?

Thread: print at home tickets

print at home tickets

Has anyone ever tried to sell "Print at Home" tickets on ebay or Stub Hub? The reason for the question, is that your name and last four digits from your credit card appear on the left hand side of the ticket receipt. This is information I would not be comfortable sharing with anyone. Can you think of any reason it wouldn't be acceptable to simply cut that information out? It's only a small portion of the ticket receipt and it doesn't affect the actual scanned side of the ticket, which is on the right hand side. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: print at home tickets

Interesting question. Probably the safest way to get your answer to would be to call the Reds come the first of the week and ask them.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I bought some tickets off e-bay for the Indians game on June 30th. I am glad the person left it there. That way I know they are legit and can always try to track him down if they are fake or he or she made copies and is sitting my the seats and I can not get in when they are scanned.

I actually hate them though. I like the hard ticket stub. It is very difficult to add the print at home tickets to my wall collection of ticket stubs.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

For a Level Playing Field

I've used the Print-at-Home both times I went this year. It worked fine. I was a bit uncomfortable the 1st time and was used to using the "hard ticket" method. But the ticket-taker grabbed the 8-1/2 x 11 sheet with the ticket printed on it, scanned the bar code and handed the whole thing back to me. The point that Red in Chicago mentions is not really a problem b/c you get the thing back. I folded mine up (in case an usher wanted to see it) and carried it in my back pocket. Ended up tossing it in the trash when I got home.

Only concern... if you order more than one ticket, then you have to trust your cohorts with this info. on their tickets (whoever pays when ordering on-line has their data on every ticket). I do not think the last 4-digits of a credit card is a big concern. A lot of companies use this same method when printing a receipt for a credit card purchase. And we'd all be shocked if we knew how many times our names (and other personal info.) gets sold and obtained w/out our knowledge in today's world. I would not be surprised if MLB did not use or sell your name and address in some fashion when you order tickets through their site.

Don't use it if you like to hang onto your ticket (or ticket stub) for sentimental reasons (or whatever reason). It is printed on a letter-sized sheet of paper and the ticket looking part of it is a lot bigger than the std. ticket... takes up almost 1/2 of the page.

[QUOTE=RedFanAlways1966]
    Only concern... if you order more than one ticket, then you have to trust your cohorts with this info. on their tickets (whoever pays when ordering on-line has their data on every ticket). I do not think the last 4-digits of a credit card is a big concern. A lot of companies use this same method when printing a receipt for a credit card purchase. And we'd all be shocked if we knew how many times our names (and other personal info.) gets sold and obtained w/out our knowledge in today's world. I would not be surprised if MLB did not use or sell your name and address in some fashion when you order tickets through their site.QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure they are selling the information, since i've received a handful of reds promotional offers through the mail lately...the reason i brought up the initial question, is because when tickets first went on sale this year, i bought four tickets to a white sox game against the reds...they were good seats, but were in the middle of the row, which i absolutely hate...last night i went back onto the website and found even better tickets and they are on the end of a row, which i love...therefore, i was thinking about selling my initial set of tickets on ebay or stub hub, but won't do so unless i can cut out my information and ensure that the person buying the tickets doesn't get a hard time...i know each time i've entered the park in the past with this kind of ticket, the person scanning has never even bothered to look to see if the entire sheet is there...personally, i wouldn't think it's a big deal, but i can certainly understand if the person buying the tickets felt uncomfortable without the "complete" ticket...it's not so much the name that bothers me, it's really the combination of name and cc number...doesn't really seem right that they include that on the tickets, when if you order a normal ticket, it's not on there. oh well...

I have used them multiple times, and they work out for me fine.

Used them for Bengals games and like RFA says, they handed the whole thing back to me.

What is someone going do with with the last 4 digits of your credit card number, come on.

Turn Off Ads?