Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What are you doing, Nick?

They call me "chef"

What are you doing, Nick?

The Cards are beating the Nats, 2 to 1 in the 9th thanks to a Pujol's solo shot in the 8th. So in the top of the 9th LaRussa puts his showstopper () Isringhausen in. He walks Daryle Ward, he walks Soriano, he walks Jose Vidro. So the bases are loaded for my friend, and the friend of any Reds fan, Nick Johnson. What does he do? He swings at the very first pitch and hits a nibbler to Izzy. Game over. Thanks Nicholas, on behalf of the Cincinnati Reds and their fans. You were smart enough to realize that, after walking Vidro on four straight fastballs out of the zone, Izzy was preparing to throw a meatball first pitch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What are you doing, Nick?

Amazing how stupid major league pitchers can be. With Edmonds looking bad this year, and Rolen out, Pujols is the only threat in that lineup and they still pitch to him. Amazing.

They call me "chef"

Well Pujols walk total are UP, so that's an encouraging sign. Some teams are 'getting it'. Hopefully Narron and Weathers pick up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Amazing how stupid major league pitchers can be. With Edmonds looking bad this year, and Rolen out, Pujols is the only threat in that lineup and they still pitch to him. Amazing.
    And the Reds did the same thing! And lost because of it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    So in the top of the 9th LaRussa puts his showstopper () Isringhausen in. He walks Daryle Ward, he walks Soriano, he walks Jose Vidro. So the bases are loaded for my friend, and the friend of any Reds fan, Nick Johnson. What does he do? He swings at the very first pitch and hits a nibbler to Izzy. Game over.
    Izzy is having Major problems so far this year. Personally, I would rather see Braden Looper used as the closer until Izzy can get back on track. The Cardinals are now in 2nd Place...thanks to the Reds beating up on the Incredibly Super Hot Astros.

Pujol's Hot/Cold box graphic must be solid red. I see mucho walks for this guy in
    the future even with the bases loaded.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat
    Pujol's Hot/Cold box graphic must be solid red. I see mucho walks for this guy in
    the future even with the bases loaded.

It's insane, he broke up my perfect game earlier today in the 8th friggin inning in MLB 2006 The Show.....sigh...my quest continues.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Turn Off Ads?