Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Listening to games online

Re: Listening to games online

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    MLB TV just moved from taking feeds via the airwaves to having a direct digital feed to their own sever warehouse. Before this year the conduit was all here and there, therefore this year should be better but expect a few glitches here and there while they straighten it out.

Fact is it should be way better by mid season then ever before, I myself have the MLB package on TV, but am yhinking of getting the MLB TV so I can watch anything I want.... anything I want... very cool.
    The streaming is supposed to be improved but I haven't noticed any difference yet. One thing that annoys me this season is between innings on some games, MLB has began running there own commercials for MLB BLog or something. It's not that I 'm a fan "muti-tasking" commercials but the dead air between innings suck.

Be carefull woy, because while you can always watch what you want, sometimes you can't watch it when you want. Sunday night games are blacked out and Saturday afternoon games will be blacked out soon. If you've got an MLB package through your cable/sattelite then it's probably not a problem. If you rely on MLB.TV like I do, it sucks like dead air. Overall though, it's cool. Way cool.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Yeah, and I always have a radio nearby. I just hate that MLB charges for radio feeds of their games when you can hear all other radio for free on the internet.
    The NFL also charges for their audio streams.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I just hate that MLB charges for radio feeds of their games when you can hear all other radio for free on the internet.
    NBA, College Football and NHL all charge for their broadcasts.

Who is free?

mlb.tv is fantastic The quality has improved so so much since last year, don't think real player can be used now though. I guess the day games are better for me than you guys though !! Seriously how do you get any work done during the day games ? I still haven't worked that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by RawOwl UK
    Seriously how do you get any work done during the day games ? I still haven't worked that one out.
    American Ingenuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RawOwl UK
    Seriously how do you get any work done during the day games ? I still haven't worked that one out.
    1. Set up your computer monitor so that it faces away from the door to your office.
    2. Keep your hand on your mouse and stare intently at the screen, frowning occasionally, as if you are reviewing next quarter's budget numbers.
    3. Keep the noise to a minimum, because it's very difficult to explain what the phrase "Whooo Dunner!" has to do with the corporate world.

That about does it.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Who is free?
    The NHL audio feeds are still free.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    American Ingenuity.
    Multitasking you mean?
    Go Gators!

I will be watching tomorrows game here at work in Cincy. For some reason, all the games are blacked out at home, but I can watch them all here at work. I think it may have something when I was in NYC last year at this time.

I have a dual monitor setup. I put the game on on 15 inch screen and work on the 23 inch screen. Everyone knows I have MLB.tv, so they stop by and watch a few minutes of the game and get score updates.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    The NHL audio feeds are still free.
    I read they were just for the playoffs, if they are all free that will end as the lock out fades in the background

I read they were just for the playoffs, if they are all free that will end as the lock out fades in the background
    You are probably right about that, but still I listened to just about every Blackhawk game this year for free (even as painful as it was).

Who is free?
    I guess college basketball and minor league baseball is it then. Still, it hasn't always been this way, and I still don't believe that it should be. I'd pay extra to get to watch the games without hesitation, but simply listening to the radio feed, somethings should remain sacred, in my opinion.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?