Turn Off Ads?

Thread: EdE interview (from 2004 from a 'Zone member)

EdE interview (from 2004 from a 'Zone member)

With EdE doing so well this year, I thought some of our newer members might like a chance to read the interviews that I did with EdE, former Red prospect Dustin Moseley, and current Reds prospect William Bergolla and "get to know" them a lil more outside of just a boxscore.

It's a bit of a long read, but thought some of you might enjoy it. I sure hope he keeps up the great start!

Chatanooga Lookouts Interviews, 2004

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: EdE interview (from 2004 from a 'Zone member)

Just a bump in case y'all missed it (it WAS late when I posted this ).

I remember this
    Go Gators!

Glad you guys enjoyed this

You ever try to do any more of those interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    You ever try to do any more of those interviews?
    I did those when I was living in Greenville, SC (former home of the Braves AA team). I have since moved to Tx and alas, no Reds minor league teams anywhere near here.

I'm taking that as a compliment, though, as it sounds like you enjoyed the writeup. Thanks and if I ever get the chance again, I'd sure love to do it. It ranks as a Top 10 moment in my life, getting to do those interviews

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    I did those when I was living in Greenville, SC (former home of the Braves AA team). I have since moved to Tx and alas, no Reds minor league teams anywhere near here.

I'm taking that as a compliment, though, as it sounds like you enjoyed the writeup. Thanks and if I ever get the chance again, I'd sure love to do it. It ranks as a Top 10 moment in my life, getting to do those interviews
    Yeah I did enjoy the interviews. I remember when you first did them. I also now recall you mentioning the move in the past as to why you never did any more. Thats too bad because I think you did a really good job considering no prior experience. How did you end up getting the hook up again? Didn't you know someone with the Lookouts or something?

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    Yeah I did enjoy the interviews. I remember when you first did them. I also now recall you mentioning the move in the past as to why you never did any more. Thats too bad because I think you did a really good job considering no prior experience. How did you end up getting the hook up again? Didn't you know someone with the Lookouts or something?
    Nope...believe it or not, I got the name of the Lookouts traveling secretary (read: babysitter ) from a radio friend of mine (writerdan33 on here) and I simply called him and told him who I was and that I wanted to do a few interviews for Redszone when they came to town. Never know unless you ask, right? I figured, what the hell, the worst he can do is tell me no and hang up. Larry was a great guy though. Took me up to the press box and introduced me around etc. It was an awesome experience

Turn Off Ads?