Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tickets are too expensive!

Tickets are too expensive!

Why do the upper deck cost 9 bucks? That's too much I liked the 5 dollar ones...
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tickets are too expensive!

How else is Castellini going to get our payroll up to 75 million?

Everyone's got to sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Why do the upper deck cost 9 bucks? That's too much I liked the 5 dollar ones...
    Wow...I wish we could get $9 tickets in St. Louis. That's cheap.

i would go to more games if it was cheaper causing them to get more of my money, it doesnt make sense....oh and its $9 for bleachers $12 for upper deck and $5 for the oufield upperdeck seats that u buy at the game

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    Wow...I wish we could get $9 tickets in St. Louis. That's cheap.
    We have instituted the barter system here in Cincy, which has led to numerous scrapes.

Castellini should introduce Produce Night..... half price tickets for a bushel of asparagus!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Old Red Guard Reject

Hey, read my signature. I might be able to help you out with some $5 tickets. Message me if interested.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

$9 seems like peanuts compared to hockey tickets.

$100 regular season tickets in Calgary have become $150 for the first round of the playoffs, and will reach $250 for the last round.

If you aren't willing to spend more money on tickets, then you can't expect the team to raise the payroll and add better players. A big reason why the Cardinals have a near $100Mil payroll is because tickets cost a lot more than they do in Cincinnati, and a Cardinals ticket is still a lot cheaper than a Rams or a Blues ticket.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    If you aren't willing to spend more money on tickets, then you can't expect the team to raise the payroll and add better players. A big reason why the Cardinals have a near $100Mil payroll is because tickets cost a lot more than they do in Cincinnati, and a Cardinals ticket is still a lot cheaper than a Rams or a Blues ticket.
    No kidding, I paid 49 dollars after fees and tax for that seat in LF. I was in the very last row under the deck on the end next to the stairs.

I was fine paying that to go to one game. I was thinking that dropping a Grant on that seat was a bit much after I got there.

The question is, will those prices go down at all once all the seats are open? I really doubt it.

Yeah, the tickets in Cincinnati are cheap, you really shouldn't complain about it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    $9 seems like peanuts compared to hockey tickets.
    And speaking of peanuts... $9 seems cheap if you decide to eat while at the game! Spending more to eat & drink than the ticket is like spending more on a concert t-shirt than the concert ticket. Just doesn't seem right for some reason...

Must be a list somewhere on the avg. ticket price for each MLB team. I'd guess the REDS are closer to the bottom than the top.

Then buy the $5 tickets next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    The question is, will those prices go down at all once all the seats are open? I really doubt it.
    I doubt it. Most of the seats have already been sold. Tickets have been expensive for the last several years. It would be nice if they were cheaper, but then we would be watching a team like the Royals play.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Well the Reds run half price ticket deals all the time. I dont know how old you are, but they have half price ticket nights for Teens/College Students/Senior Citizens at least twice a month. You have to buy the ticket in advance, but any non premium seat is half price. There are also tons of other ways to get seats half price. Some times pepsi cans have deals on them, family days you buy 1 ticket for full price and get the rest of the family for half price....and not to mention you can just buy 5 dollar tickets the day of the game. Then you get your 9 dollar bleacher seats, which I personally hate becuase unless you are in the first few rows, you cant see the entire field.

I don't think they raised ticket prices this season, did they?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?