Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good month of April

Good month of April

17 wins is a very, very good start for the Reds. I would have been pretty happy to be 13-12 or so, but 17-8 is great.

Reds pitcher of the month is clearly Arroyo, though Harang is looking pretty solid most of the time as well.

Surprise of the month is clearly Brandon Phillips. What a great pickup he has been so far!

But who is player of the month? Phillips? Dunn? Encarnacion? Kearns has been pretty good too. I don't know which one has been the best, but I hope they all keep it up.

Tough loss today, but we did beat Oswalt & Pettit in the same series, and taking 2 of 3 from Houston is a good sign

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good month of April

Encarnacion is probably player of the month.

Kearns fell off after a few weeks, not to say he isn't producing, just not at the level of Edwin. Dunn slumped for awhile, and Felipe doesn't have the RBI, HR, or OBP that Edwin does right now. He's just on fire.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Encarnacion is probably player of the month.
    I agree. Would he be eligible for Rookie of the Year this year? If so, I'd say he's off to a great start.

If they can keep it up than they're looking at post season play!
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Quote Originally Posted by reds2221
    If they can keep it up than they're looking at post season play!
    Little too soon to be talking like that...

Quote Originally Posted by lucky bugle boy
    I agree. Would he be eligible for Rookie of the Year this year? If so, I'd say he's off to a great start.
    He isn't eligible because he played so much last year.

As for player of the month.... Arroyo.

4-0 with a 2.34 ERA 34 2/3innigns pitched 25 hits, only 11 runs, with 7 walks and 30k's.

I don't THINK ANYONE had ANY idea he would pitch like that in the month of April.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

He keeps throwing that nasty breaking ball he may be player of the next month too.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

The month of May will be the biggest month I believe for the Reds. If we can avoid a big losing streak and finish the month a couple of games over .500 (I mean 2 games over .500 for the month of May), we will be 11 games over.500 with 1/3 of the season over. We will be legit...2 legit 2 quit!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Nice pants.
    Go Gators!

Hmm I may be biased but no mention of Todd.

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO
    2006 1 0 0.60 13 0 0 0 0 0 15.0 14 2 1 0 5 11
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeybro
    Hmm I may be biased but no mention of Todd.

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO
    2006 1 0 0.60 13 0 0 0 0 0 15.0 14 2 1 0 5 11
    I have been as hard as anyone on Todd, but I think he has reached his potential now. I even picked him up on my fantasy team after I saw how good his "stuff" was this year. I think he has turned the corner.

Scott Hatteberg has also played very well with little fanfare. Adam Dunn has had the best month of April of any of the Reds hitters. Arroyo, Coffey, Freel, and Phillips have also played very well.
    Last edited by Jpup; 05-01-2006 at 01:49 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I would normally feel bad about having 5 Reds on my fantasy team, but its really working. Dunn, Kearns, Encarncion, Lopez, Freel are all on my team and I am in 2nd place.

POTM has to go to Encarnacion. Among League Leaders in RBI's and Doubles, this guy is just raking the ball. Too bad he isn't eligable for ROTY, or else he could be in the running for it. But he still can be a All-Star...Just has to beat out the likes of David Wright, Scott Rolen among others. This years Felipe.

Todd Coffey has been the best reliever for the Reds. HOpefully they are just feeding Weathers saves to deal him later. Coffey deserves all the saves. He has been just sick this year. I always really liked him, ever since I read Red Reporters interview with him.

Arroyo has been steller all year, like everyone has said. Harang has been dominant it the games he has won. 1-0 win against St. Louis, he had the only RBI. Complete Game Shutout on 3 days rest. He has been shaky in his losses, very very bad in the losses, but his wins have been impressive. I am not trying to say that he has been better than Arroyo, just bringing him up.

Tied with the Cards after the first month... I think thats a pretty good month.

ESPCIALLY since we headed to play STL in a 2 games series.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

The important thing is that the All Mighty Astros are no longer in 1st place.

What is pleasing me is that no one player has shined above the others - there have been many who are doing a darned good job of it.
    Coffey, EdE, Dunner, Bronson, FeLo, Kearnsy, Phillips; Harang has had moments of sheer brilliance, and even Rich and Scott are doing a heck of a fine job.
    I will be honest: I am not expecting them to make the playoffs or anything. However, I am getting that same feeling I did with the Bengals in '03, or whenever it was when Lewis took over. I am now feeling hope for the future, and it is looking a lot brighter. Especially now that the dark clouds of Dan0, Carl and Allen are gone.

Turn Off Ads?