Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annoying

Annoying

So i am sitting at the game today, trying to enjoy it, then all of sudden 3 boys from elementry school sit behind me and start makeing these wierd sounds and laugh the entire game and would not shut there mouths. It really bothers me when im trying to enjoy somthing and i have these turds sitting behind me. Sorry if i sound like a butt, but i paid $17 to watch the reds, not listen to little bratts give me a headache. I guess i just wish parents would do more.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Annoying

Quote Originally Posted by huber14
    So i am sitting at the game today, trying to enjoy it, then all of sudden 3 boys from elementry school sit behind me and start makeing these wierd sounds and laugh the entire game and would not shut there mouths. It really bothers me when im trying to enjoy somthing and i have these turds sitting behind me. Sorry if i sound like a butt, but i paid $17 to watch the reds, not listen to little bratts give me a headache. I guess i just wish parents would do more.
    Did you tell them to shut their traps?

I know they're just kids, but I'm not at all shy about telling people of any age to shut their traps.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

It was still better than any day at the office im sure....Its just part of the game....i feel the same way sometimes but hey...ur at a baseball game...it doesnt get much better than that.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I have had the same thing happen, except substitute Cubs fans in place of the kids. No, I'm not trying to be funny. I had Cubs fans sitting behind me that talked loudly and didn't give a rats behind about what was going on down on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Did you tell them to shut their traps?

I know they're just kids, but I'm not at all shy about telling people of any age to shut their traps.

i glared at them every time they would say somthing and they would say they are sorry, then 3 minutes later it would start again. oh well it was better than sitting around all day like my usuall sundays.

Old Red Guard Reject

all of sudden 3 boys from elementry school sit behind me and start makeing these wierd sounds and laugh the entire game and would not shut there mouths. It really bothers me when im trying to enjoy somthing and i have these turds sitting behind me.
    Sounds like me when I'm at my desk trying to catch some Reds day game action on ESPN Gamecast at school with my 6th graders in the afternoon.

Just kidding!
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    Sounds like me when I'm at my desk trying to catch some Reds day game action on ESPN Gamecast at school with my 6th graders in the afternoon.

Just kidding!
    Kidding..... right.

Reminds me of the good old days, throwing a ball at the trash can. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k
    It was still better than any day at the office im sure....Its just part of the game....i feel the same way sometimes but hey...ur at a baseball game...it doesnt get much better than that.
    I always get the guy who is 6' 10" sitting infront of me..it never fails.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    This is kind of sad in a way, but three times I have sat next to a guy that couldn't fit in one seat, or at least shouldn't try. Its one of those things where you don't know what to say about it, but it makes for a difficult time at the ball yard. It was so unconfortable, and I didn't want to say anything. Just sad though.

does GAB have a guest services..........I would have told and usher and requested to be moved....I did this at NBA game in Minnesota.....and went from upper deck cheap seats..to some nice lower level seats....not sure if GAB does this..........

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    Kidding..... right.

Reminds me of the good old days, throwing a ball at the trash can. Good times.
    Shhhhh!

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    There was a guy 6'5" that got drunk and put his cup on his head and started talking about his dog "Astro" Friday night when I was there. It was the only time I liked having a tall guy sit in front of us at a Reds game. Dude was hilarious.

Last year, my buddy and I went to a Reds game towards the beginning of the season. Were bought bleacher seats but ended up sitting 12 rows from the field behind 1st Base because there was a rain delay. The Reds were up by a few runs and the pitcher was really struggling. A drunk guy in front of us started yelling things like "you suck" and got a little out of hand. An usher came down and told him he had to stop yelling negative comments toward the players. Probably because he was hurting the pitchers feelings, or at least thats my opinion. The guy sat there quietly for a second, and then yelled out, "Yeah, thats it, I like the way you throw your balls pitcher." He let out a few more, but that was by far the best one. The pitcher immediately gave up a homer and was taken out of the game, aparently because it was to late for the sweet talk, and his feelings were already hurt. (I made this next part up because it sounds better than "I can't really remember the rest of the game") Then the usher made the guy walk down to the wall and tell the pitcher he was sorry. Unpleased with the way he said "I'm sorry" while looking at his feet, the usher then said, "now this time, look at him and tell him your sorry like you mean it." After another weak "I'm sorry" the man was allowed to go back to his seat, but under the understanding that the usher was very dissapointed in him, that the man "knew better," and that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. No word on what his father had to say when the man took the note home written by the usher, or on the supposed soap in mouth punishment.

They call me "chef"

This reminds me of when I was at a restaurant once and this couple in their thirties walked in. The host walked them over to a table near some children who were playing the video games/claw machine and the woman asked "Are there any sections without kids?" The waiter hesitated for a second, then reminded her "This is a family restaurant, m'am."

I can't identify with people who expect young kids to go to a ball game and not say a word. They're kids. Unless they are touching you, shooting spitballs at the back of your head, or yelling directly into your ear I don't see what the big deal is. It's a ballgame, not the opera.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Too bad you weren't seated behind them, huber14. You could have "accidentally tripped" on the way back to your seat and spilled a beverage on them.

Turn Off Ads?