Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Annoying

Re: Annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Oh, please spare me your righteous indignation. Have a sense of humor. And as a grade school student, I can tell you, unequivocally, I was more "thing" than "boy."
    Is that still the case?

The laugh is how you know the post is in jest. If it's not there how is one to know your post is serious or not.

As for babies not being human until they learn what they are doing, that is simply ridiculous. I surely hope that statement was meant in jest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    One of my best friends doesn't mind kids, but hates babies. She has no patience for anything that can't hold a conversation with her, and refers to all babies as "thing" and "it". But in a charming way, like.
    The cult of the baby. Ack!

I love my two daughters more than anything in my life excepting my wife--but my wife and I don't treat them like Tiffany lamps or live hand grenades. They're kids; they need limitations, and they need to be aware that gratification MUST be delayed. Therefore, they're not going to get what they want even an 1/8th of the time.

The parents run the show in the Beer household. And the kids are the kids. This isn't that Twilight Zone episode where the creepy kid turns his family into jacks-in-the-box.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    I once told a woman at Starbucks to silence her child, whatever the cost.
    Saying that to someone can possibly bring about unwanted consequences. Remember when Hawkeye Pierce said that to the Korean woman on the bus when they were trying to pass through enemy lines?

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Saying that to someone can possibly bring about unwanted consequences. Remember when Hawkeye Pierce said that to the Korean woman on the bus when they were trying to pass through enemy lines?
    Wait, that wasn't a chicken she was holding....

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    Sorry but bumping into your friend or not, if that was my kid, your friend would have left the park very bruised that day. Not cool.
    I was actually sitting in another part of the park that day with my son, but my friend's wife had a tendency to agree with you. She ended up leaving him there and coming to sit with me for the duration of the game. Alcohol has a tendency to bring out the worst in people.

FWIW, I didn't really think it was too cool either--though, I was merely adding to the litany of things that have been discussed in this thread regarding what happens when people become frustrated with inconsiderate fans in the stands.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 05-01-2006 at 04:38 PM.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Zoinks!

[QUOTE=Blimpie] Alcohol has a tendency to bring out the worst in people.
    QUOTE]
    Are my friends and I the only ones left that just laugh a little more while imbibing (and not at the expense of others)? It really is a shame that people get so belligerent while they are out. Kudos to your friend's wife...mine probably would have hit me with something heavy...

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Did you tell them to shut their traps?

I know they're just kids, but I'm not at all shy about telling people of any age to shut their traps.
    That makes us old farts FCB.
    "Is there a problem officers?"

In 1987 I was 12 years old. That year and the next 2 or 3 years after, a good friend of mine and I probably went to 30 games a year on average. Even though we were pretty young, mom would let us take the bus downtown and we'd leave in time to catch the last bus home.

We'd get down there early for autographs and to watch BP. When asking for autographs it was always "Mr. Larkin, Mr. Davis, Mr. Oester," etc etc etc. During the game, eyes always intent on the action of the game, I was even prone to quite a few cheesy "hey batta batta batta SWING!" Other than that, we came early, bought a pretzel and coke, watched the game, and when the game was over, we picked up our trash and went home.

I know I'm going to sound 90 years old by saying this but... where did kids like THAT disappear to?

This has been an educational thread for me, because it is nice to learn that I am not the only one who notices these things. From the 12 year old trapped in a drunk 25 year old's body, to the 12 year old himself, every time I catch a ballgame I wonder "when did people forget how to conduct themselves in a respectful manner?" I dunno, maybe I just never noticed when I was younger, but nowadays, every Bengals/Reds game I go to, I am never more than a beer's throw away from some loudmouth jerk, young or old.
    Last edited by Benny-Distefano; 05-01-2006 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Distefano
    In 1987 I was 12 years old. That year and the next 2 or 3 years after, a good friend of mine and I probably went to 30 games a year on average. Even though we were pretty young, mom would let us take the bus downtown and we'd leave in time to catch the last bus home.
    That sounds like the life. I wish i didnt live over 150 miles away sometimes. To the people that said i hate kids, i dont hate kids, just being 18 i get annoyed with them, i would rather study the game and really focus than to listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by huber14
    So i am sitting at the game today, trying to enjoy it, then all of sudden 3 boys from elementry school sit behind me and start makeing these wierd sounds and laugh the entire game and would not shut there mouths. It really bothers me when im trying to enjoy somthing and i have these turds sitting behind me. Sorry if i sound like a butt, but i paid $17 to watch the reds, not listen to little bratts give me a headache. I guess i just wish parents would do more.

he said turds

Quote Originally Posted by huber14
    That sounds like the life. I wish i didnt live over 150 miles away sometimes. To the people that said i hate kids, i dont hate kids, just being 18 i get annoyed with them, i would rather study the game and really focus than to listen to them.
    18?? Say no more

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05
    18?? Say no more
    Dont worry im not a punk teenager

Turn Off Ads?