Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm rooting for Albert Pujols!

Re: I'm rooting for Albert Pujols!

Without the Reds, baseball is a bunch of muscled rich guys plodding around a dusty rhomboid.

Without the Reds, baseball is the church without God.

Without the Reds, there's no us against them.

Without the Reds, there's just Goliath and no David.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have changed my mind. These guys are athletes whether they are taking steriods or not. Just make steroids legal. Thanks for setting me straight. Go Bonds!

It is Pujols' competitiveness that gets my attention. The man wants to win and it seems to me he does everything in his power to help his team win with an incredible work ethic and attention to detail.

He is so comfortable in his capabilities that he intimidates other players/teams/coaches and gives his own team a motivational edge. Plus, he seems like a genuine nice guy off the field.

I don't care if Pujols 'showboats' because it seems to me that he does it to make his team better, not to pump up his star quotient.

Pujols may end up being the single greatest baseball player I will ever see in my lifetime. As far as rooting for him, sure I would root for a player like that. Not against the Reds, or at expense of the Reds' success, but otherwise yes. More than that, though, I will continue to marvel at him and respect him.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    The thought of rooting for Albert Pujols has about the same piquancy as the idea of my cat performing a strip tease.
    Your cat wears clothes????

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Exactly.

I will never, ever root for Albert Pujols in my life. He is the biggest showboater in baseball(even worse than Edmonds, IMO) and there is a zero chance of me rooting for him. I rank Pujols right up there with Bonds on my crap list.

BTW, I'm not saying Pujols took steroids or anything, but I can remember a poster on here who supposedly has inside connections in baseball that told him that Pujols got off scot-free in the steroid scandal. I'm note sure what to believe, although I have to say that Albert Pujols had the most physically mature body I've ever seen of a 21 year old.
    My son met Pujols, another Cardinal and Wily Mo at Kenwood Towne Centre one time just a couple of years ago. He declined an autograph by shook my son's hand and was all around cool about him approaching him. My son said his hands were gigantic. What I liked the best about it was that my son was probably about 15 then and he was so excited about he immediately called his uncle and grandpa in Missouri to tell him. I liked that excitement and not being jaded.

Turn Off Ads?