Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Stick It To Selig!!!!

StickItToSelig

Stick It To Selig!!!!

Hello there Reds Fans,

It is about time for the voting to begin. Voting for the 2006 All-Star Game that is. As you know, the All-Star Game means something now. You can tell in how serious the players go at it during the game, you can tell it the way the managers really work on the lineups and "manage to win". Yes, the All-Star Game counts now!

Bud Selig got his way. He let a few hundred intoxicated fans in Miller Park that fateful night get into his brain with their "outrage" that an exhibition game could end in a tie (wake up, it happens all the time in spring training), and now a meaningless exhibition game determines which league gets home field advantage in the World Series. The last two seasons that gave the A.L. a big advantage in my opinion, and has resulted in two A.L. sweeps in the last two World Series.

Reds fans I urge you to turn the tables on Mr. Selig. Turn his "brilliant" idea against him. How you ask? Well simple, vote for the worst that the American League has to offer. It makes perfect sense if you think your team has a chance to make it to the "Fall Classic", which you stand a good chance of getting to this year.

Here is who you should vote for as the on-line voting begins, and the lesser important in-stadium voting (another sad turn of events).

Catcher: Jason Kendall - Oakland, Batting .214 with 0 HRs, and 5 RBIs

First Base: Dan Johnson - Oakland, Batting .145 with 1 HRs, and 3 RBIs

Second Base: Aaron Hill - Toronto, Batting .191 with 0 HRs, and 4 RBIs

Shortstop: Bobby Crosby - Oakland, Batting .224 with 2 HRs, and 6 RBIs

Third Base: Adrian Beltre - Seattle, Batting .175 with 0 HRs, and 5 RBIs

Outfield: Rondell White - Minnesota, Batting .150 with 0 HRs, and 5 RBIs

Outfield: Jeff Conine - Baltimore, Batting .169 with 3 HRs, and 8 RBIs

Outfield: Jeremy Reed - Seattle, Batting .207 with 0 HRs, and 3 RBIs

Designated Hitter: Mike Sweeney - Kansas City, Batting .193 with 1 HRs, and 4 RBIs

There you go, stick it to the commissioner, and vote for the worst in the A.L. It is the least you can do as Reds fans. It makes sense, and may help your team come October. Plus the NL has that extra team, so we have the advantage in this over the A.L.

Vote early, and vote often.

Feel free to pass this on to as many people as you can. It originated on a Cardinals board, and has since passed on to many others. There have already been over 500 votes cast for the "worst AL" team. It doesn't matter what NL team you're a fan of, let's stick it to Selig!!!

MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THIS TEAM AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN!!!

Thank you all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stick It To Selig!!!!

Wow, who drained all of the blood out of Adrian Beltre?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Beltre will play well when his contract is up.
    Go Gators!

I needed that.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

That looks suspiciously like my fantasy baseball team from about 5 years ago.

If you really want to make Selig mad, get a little more creative... Maybe put 14 red roses outside the entrance to the Hall of Fame or something.

Is there any way Tony Womack could be a write in for the AL? (bada-bing - late shot)

Turn Off Ads?