Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds Player of the Month for April 2006?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bronson Arroyo (4-0, 2.34 ERA, 30 K, .92 WHIP)

124 63.59%
  • Todd Coffey (1-0, 0.60 ERA, 7 Holds, 11 K, 1.27 WHIP)

6 3.08%
  • David Weathers (8 Saves, 3.75 ERA, 1.08 WHIP)

0 0%
  • Aaron Harang (4-1, 4.35 ERA, 33 K, 1.25 WHIP)

1 0.51%
  • Adam Dunn (9 HR, 17 RBI, 25 Runs, .265/.432/.614)

9 4.62%
  • Edwin Encarnacion (3 HR, 24 RBI, 10 2Bs, .288/.387/.550)

20 10.26%
  • Ryan Freel (8 SBs, .263/.434/.329)

0 0%
  • Brandon Phillips (3 HR, 22 RBI, .349/.382/.587)

34 17.44%
  • Scott Hatteberg (.305/.431/.441)

0 0%
  • Austin Kearns (5 HR, 18 RBI, .288/.387/.527)

0 0%
  • other

1 0.51%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Player Of The Month (April 2006)

Reds Player Of The Month (April 2006)

Vote for the Reds Player Of The Month.

My vote goes to Arroyo.
    Last edited by Jpup; 05-01-2006 at 01:50 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Player Of The Month (April 2006)

Adam Dunn.

VORP: 11.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    MLV: 8.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    EQA: .326 (Team Rank- 1st)
    EQR: 18.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    RAR: 10.5 (Team Rank -1st)
    RAP: 7.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    RARP: 10.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    Runs Created: 21.6 (Team Rank- 1st)
    RC/27: 9.54 (Team Rank- 1st)
    SECA: .646 (Team Rank- 1st)

Honorable Mention: Bronson Arroyo, Edwin Encarnacion, Brandon Phillips, Todd Coffey.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Adam Dunn.

VORP: 11.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    MLV: 8.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    EQA: .326 (Team Rank- 1st)
    EQR: 18.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    RAR: 10.5 (Team Rank -1st)
    RAP: 7.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    RARP: 10.1 (Team Rank- 1st)
    Runs Created: 21.6 (Team Rank- 1st)
    RC/27: 9.54 (Team Rank- 1st)
    SECA: .646 (Team Rank- 1st)

Honorable Mention: Bronson Arroyo, Edwin Encarnacion, Brandon Phillips, Todd Coffey.

Do you have Arroyo compared to the rest of the team?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

They call me "chef"

Edwin has the highest VLOOP in the major leagues. He gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Do you have Arroyo compared to the rest of the team?
    Don't need to compare Arroyo to the rest of the team at this point considering his numbers...

DIPS: 3.86
    BABIP: .213

Arroyo has been exceptionally lucky thusfar but nothing I didn't expect the first time through the league.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Don't need to compare Arroyo to the rest of the team at this point considering his numbers...

DIPS: 3.86
    BABIP: .213

Arroyo has been exceptionally lucky thusfar but nothing I didn't expect the first time through the league.
    What do you expect him to do for the rest of the season?

I chose Brandon Phillips almost right away before thinking about Bronson Arroyo, but now looking at the various stats, it could be any number of players. Maybe we should have had one more options...The Team!

Im gonna give my Vote to Eric Milton.

After the season he had last year who thought for a second that his first 2 Starts would be AWESOME outings in which we won. I think he helped us with that, gave the team the BELIEF that they could do well and win with what we have.

A confidence boost that propelled us through the month of April IMO.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Can he be stopped?

Anyone care to explain what all those funny words are?

I know VORP is value over replacement player, but what are VLOOP, BABIP, DIPS, etc? Sorry I'm not a big stathead.... most of my exposure to VORP comes from football stats (i love football outsiders).

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

I chose Bronson. I think that the Reds and Bronson have a true symbiotic relationship. The Reds needed him to bring an AL East hardened pitching mentality and he needed this team to start out well so he wouldnt be thinking about "what could have been" in Boston. He surely hasnt been given any reason between the white lines to feel like this isnt a good situation so far this season. If both sides of the relationship continue to feed off the other then this can be a very interesting summer.

Can I vote "All"?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I voted for Phillips because if they didn't have him when Griffey got hurt, Womack would have been starting and not producing anywhere close to BP.

His hustle and enthusiasm has carried over to the rest of the team.

I guess they could have called up Denorfia though.

Arroyo, without a doubt.

Everyone knew the Reds "O" would be fine this year. The starting pitching after Harang was the biggest question mark, and while it still hasn't been resolved, Arroyo has pitched like a true ace for the first month of the year--the first legit ace the reds have had since Pete Schourek in the mid-90s. Whether or not he can continue remains to be seen, but skill and legitimacy that a guy like Arroyo has brought to the Reds' rotation undoubtedly makes him the player of the month.

Honorable mention to Brandon Phillips for coming out of nowhere and walkign away with the second base job all to himself.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Arroyo gets my vote. From a purely statistical standpoint the vote arguably should go to Dunn, but I expected such production from Adam. I do not know whether or not Bronson can keep it up, but his performance has given the Reds thus far what they have lacked for so long---quality starting pitching.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Cruisin' for trouble

Arroyo, hands down. It has been a long time since the Reds have had a pitcher have a month similar to Arroyo's. Simply put, Arroyo's addition has given a big boost to the rest of the staff and, apparently the team.

I like Adam - he's a statistician's dream. But there are times - like now - when it seems that there are those who feel the need to prop him up at every turn, lest Adam not be worshipped for the demi-god that he has become.

Or, am I the only one to notice his recent slump?

Turn Off Ads?