Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big 2 games!

Big 2 games!

I'm thinking this will be the biggest 2 games of the year so far. Even a split with St Louis after winning the Houston series will be huge. Going 3-2 against the top 2 teams in the NL (ok maybe the Mets are there too) and beating Oswalt and Pettite should make anyone who's paying attention believe that the Reds are not a team to be taken lightly. It could be a Houston, St Louis, Cincinnati race for the wild card. Note to Bronson and Williams: don't pitch to that Albert guy unless you have no one on base and you're up by more than 1 run!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Big 2 games!

While no conclusions should be drawn from the next two days, they are big.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I hate to sound cliched, but the next two games are always the biggest two games of the year if you play the game the right way. After the Cards leave Tuesday, the next two will be the biggest two games of the year, IMO.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I hate to sound cliched, but the next two games are always the biggest two games of the year if you play the game the right way. After the Cards leave Tuesday, the next two will be the biggest two games of the year, IMO.
    Well said. The good teams treat ALL games played like the biggest game of the year.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Man Pills

Aren't intradivisional games a bit "bigger" by their nature?

In theory, the next 2 should always be the biggest. The Reds need a big outing from Bronson tonight in order to at least get a split. However, these are some big games...

*The only series the Reds didn't win/split this year was @ STL.

IBB Poo-Holes. I dont care if the bases are juiced.

Take one of two and I'll be happy. That would put the Reds at 18-9 with the easier part of the schedule coming up.

My goal is for a 16 win May - that would put them at 33-20 going in to June. Anything under 14 wins would be a huge disappointment if this team really expects to stay in the race until July.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Just remember this is the 1 year anniversary of the "Monday night Meltdown" where a 9-3 lead turned into a defeat. Funny how the schedulers wound up with these two teams playing in Cincy exactly on the same day a year later
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    Just remember this is the 1 year anniversary of the "Monday night Meltdown" where a 9-3 lead turned into a defeat. Funny how the schedulers wound up with these two teams playing in Cincy exactly on the same day a year later

:thumbdown :runawaycr :all_cohol
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

I refuse to get excited about any reds team until at least after mother's day.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Take one of two and I'll be happy. That would put the Reds at 18-9 with the easier part of the schedule coming up.
    How could you of all people, be happy with anything less than a series sweep of that AAA line-up and overrated pitching staff?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    How could you of all people, be happy with anything less than a series sweep of that AAA line-up and overrated pitching staff?
    A series sweep with Dave Williams on the hill for game 2 is nearly impossible. Even if he is the best LHP in the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    :thumbdown :runawaycr :all_cohol

i was thinking the same thing.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    Because even I know that Dave Williams is bad enough to make that AAA lineup look good.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?