Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Attendance??? 24,873

Merged: Attendance??? 24,873

Gamecast on reds.com says only a little under 25000 were there. That has to be a mistake doesn't it???
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Attendance???

Nope, it wasn't a sell-out... check out this thread...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45526
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Re: Attendance???

i was wondering the same thing...i thought someone said yesterday, they were looking for tickets and it came up as a sell out?

The Reds are now 17-7 (the best record in baseball), have won 6 straight and 9 of the last 10, have beaten the likes of Ben Sheets, Chris Carpenter, Roy Oswalt, Andy Pettite, and Carlos Zambrano (all arguably number one pitchers), have beaten the previous win total of 16 wins in April, and the fans show their appreciation by only having 24,873 fans show up. Come on, Reds fans!!! Our Reds have shown everyone that they do deserve respect, that they can win games without the home run, and that their pitchers can actually find the strike zone (unlike the previous six years). So what we can do is show the players our appreciation for their effort and show up to the games. I was pleased with our attendance yesterday (32,089), but I expect at least that, if not more tomorrow (especially since the game will not be on FSN tomorrow). I will be there tomorrow in right field in section 140, row F if anyone wants to shake hands and meet new Reds fan. Just scream out BK. Go Reds and let's say the same thing by showing up to the GABP.

Re: 24,873

25K isn't bad for April. Cincinnati is still a small market, they will not sell out every game.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

25,000 for a Saturday afternoon game is above average for April

Weird. Says here it's on TV, but it doesn't show up in tomorrow's listings. Perhaps it was a late change?

Sunday: Reds vs. Houston Astros, 1:15 p.m., Great American Ball Park

TV: FSN

Radio: WLW-AM (700)

Who's on the mound: RH Elizardo Ramirez (1-0, 2.57) vs. RH Taylor Buckholz (1-1, 1.80)
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Weird. Says here it's on TV, but it doesn't show up in tomorrow's listings. Perhaps it was a late change?

One advantage to living in Houston's local market...on the local Fox Sports here

My Directv guide does not show a game on FSN OHIO or FSN Cincinnati, however it is on Fox Sports Soutwest and Fox Sports Houston (my local networks) Usually my tivo guide is pretty accurate.

apparently it was a sell out though. that seesm like an awful lot of no shows.
    School's out. What did you expect?

George and Chris were saying that FSN Ohio did pick up some more games, and that there would be an announcement soon. Maybe tomorrow is one of the new games they picked up.

Now that I think of it, didn't George say that they would have more information tomorrow during the game? Or am I making up the "during the game" part.

Well, I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully, it's on.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz
    George and Chris were saying that FSN Ohio did pick up some more games, and that there would be an announcement soon. Maybe tomorrow is one of the new games they picked up.
    Link?? That would be awesome!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Link?? That would be awesome!
    There is no link. They said it during today's game telecast.

Sorry I didn't go today, I love the NFL draft. Be there on Tuesday!

***Today was not a sellout, it was discussed in an earlier thread. They don't sell tickets online to games that day, or even some the next day.
    Last edited by TOBTTReds; 04-30-2006 at 11:56 AM.

Turn Off Ads?