Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10 Watch and Other Notables

Re: Top 10 Watch and Other Notables

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken
    Does Bruce's low OBP concern anyone else?
    Not at all. Coming out of high school last year, Bruce was ranked as having the second best plate discipline in the draft, IIRC. Bruce compares favorably to Larry Walker, who only walked 18 times and had a .289 OBP in his first year. He turned out to be pretty good. There is nothing to be concerned about, IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Three or four of us need to shoot a email toward Baseball America and ask them what is going on with Gonzalez. That way it has a better chance of getting answered.
    Jim Callis just emailed me and said this:

Doug: I haven't heard the exact nature of his departure. --Jim Callis

motob

from the bullpen... Mike Burns seems to be getting back his swagger. He had some frustrating innings when he was on Reds roster, giving up 18 hits in 9 in.
    I can understand his frustration, most of the hits came from weak defensive plays... Dunn tripping over his feet on a fly ball comes to mind-

Now having been sent down, he's throwing lights out and scoreless innings when called to the mound. 9.2 innings 4 hits 1 BB and 8 SO. (W-1,HLD-1)

His pitches don't scream at radar guns, but ball placement and control is what he's all about. I expect him to continue throwing hard and get back to Cinci. Let's go Burns!

Turn Off Ads?