Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cody Ross on DL, Denorfia recalled

Cody Ross on DL, Denorfia recalled

From Marc's blog. Cody Ross had been DL'd and Chris Denorfia is coming back.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

The Reds today placed Cody Ross on the disabled list with a bruised left pinky. His spot on the roster will be filled by...Chris Denorfia.

I thought the Ross thing might be coming as a way to get Junior back on, even though Ross really isn't hurt that badly. But this, I don't really get. At all. We'll see how they spin it.

Also, as expected, FSN Ohio has announced it will televise an additional 14 games in May and June, beginning with Saturday's tilt at Arizona.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 05-02-2006 at 10:41 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ross on DL, Denorfia recalled

With Freel struggling, wouldn't surprise me to see Chris in center this afternoon.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Makes you wonder how far away Junior is from coming back. You would have thought if he was close they would have activated him when they put Ross on the DL.

Probably means another week, at least, with Junior.

This whole thing with Griffey is getting annoying. There is obviously more to this injury then what has been let on. I just started a thread over at the ORG, so its not that I am that anxious for Griffey to get back, I just wish they would be more open and truthful about this whole thing.

I was wondering if his hand was injured on that swinging hit by pitch. Guess that answers that. Bruised pinky, eh? Sounds like a way to get Denorfia up here and buy some time to make the roster decision. Maybe they're going to start working Griffey out in LF and Dunn at 1b for a couple of weeks.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I honestly don't think it's worse than they're saying, I just think given his history and how well they're playing without him they aren't in any hurry to bring him back.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    From Marc's blog. Cody Ross had been DL'd and Chris Denorfia is coming back.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/
    Well, I was one who believed this would be the move to take Griff off of the DL. Very puzzling, very puzzling.

Can he be stopped?

I forgot about cody ross. I was puzzeled as to how DRoss was injured, as he just called a great game for Bronson last night and seemed fine.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Well, I was one who believed this would be the move to take Griff off of the DL. Very puzzling, very puzzling.
    Not really, considering that Denorfia's stay can be as little or as long as the Reds want it to be.

Maybe they needed an additional OF today (giving Freel the afternoon off) and for the Colorado series, then Denorfia goes back down and Griffey comes off the DL for the Arizona trip.

There's no requirement that Denorfia stick for any length of time. What would've been puzzling would be to continue to play with a short bench and have Cody Ross sit there useless. This is an intelligent move.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Re: Cody Ross on DL, Denorfia recalled

A hurt 'pinkie' eh?

Sure..............

Either way good move.

Maybe the title of the orginal post should be changed to "Cody" Ross to avoid confusion.

seems to be an admission that Jr isn't that close to coming off the DL.

Maybe they needed an additional OF today (giving Freel the afternoon off) and for the Colorado series, then Denorfia goes back down and Griffey comes off the DL for the Arizona trip.
    The "trip" includes Colorado, It's an early game on a gettaway day.

I think the only way to read it is that, Junior isn't coming back anytime soon.

How hurt can he be? He just played 9 innings and Bronson heaped massive praise on him. Arroyo will indeed be sad he's gone.

Turn Off Ads?