Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dumb and Dumber

Dumb and Dumber

I leave it to you to figure it out.

from the KC Star

On their way to another 100-loss season, the Royals would rather give at-bats to Stairs and Doug Mientkiewicz than a young hitter who has crushed Triple-A pitching for two years. "I understand the second-guessing," manager Buddy Bell said, "but he’s probably not going to play too much against right-handers. Dougie (Mientkiewicz) doesn’t deserve that."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dumb and Dumber

I really cannot believe Alaird Baird is still a MLB General Manager.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu
    I really cannot believe Alaird Baird is still a MLB General Manager.
    The only reason I can see is low expectations.

Now is the right time to fire the guy because they have three really good youngsters(Huber, Gordon and Butler) ready for the majors and have some decent young arms. Baird just is clueless in how to assemble a team(as DanO was).

I grew up watching the Royals on Channel 41 out of Kansas City back in the late 70s and I saw a lot of great baseball. It is totally inexcusable that this franchise is allowed to operate this way. Kansas City has great fans and a long baseball history and they do not deserve this. Of course when Bum Selig is commissioner what do you expect? He ran the Brewers the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath
    I grew up watching the Royals on Channel 41 out of Kansas City back in the late 70s and I saw a lot of great baseball. It is totally inexcusable that this franchise is allowed to operate this way. Kansas City has great fans and a long baseball history and they do not deserve this. Of course when Bum Selig is commissioner what do you expect? He ran the Brewers the same way.
    Sad, isn't it? I followed them on the radio during the 70s too and they were my second favorite team. I remember being heartbroken when they lost to the Yankees in the ALCS. They have really good baseball fans in that area and they were a regional franchise much like the Reds were. The would draw from Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas even Colorado. The winning helped too. They signed some guys in the 80s to some really crazy deals which really handicapped them and then when Ewing Kaufmann died, things started to go south in a hurry. Of course Kaufmann didn't always make the best decisions what with firing Herzog but for the most part he had good people like Scherholz there to run things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Whenever it was darkest for the Reds, it was always a comfort to look to Missouri and see a worse run team, gave me hope.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?