Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cody Ross on DL, Denorfia recalled

Re: Cody Ross on DL, Denorfia recalled

Quote Originally Posted by Guacarock
    Maybe the Rockies want to see Denorfia play in Denver. If you ask me, they might not want to take on Larue's and Kearns' salaries, especially with a nice raise looming in the not-so-distant future for Kearns. But perhaps they could swallow Larue's $3 million-plus pricetag, when they've got a cheap, talented guy like Denorfia patrolling the outfield.
    Would love it. LaRue and their choice of Freel, Denorfia, Kearns as well as another prospect like Guervara for Francis and Shealy would be ideal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    So I think we have established that not only can the Reds survive with "only" 11 pitchers, they can thrive! And an extra bat/position player would allow for more flexibility in substitutions and the possibility of pinch-running late in the game for a slower player.
    It's amazing what happens when your starting pitching can go 6, 7, 8 or 9 innings every night.

Well Paul Wilson's due to come off the DL.

I was gonna suggest that the Reds do a three-man-#5 starter. Wilson for 3, Williams for 3, and Belisle to close.

Couldn't hurt, right?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Wasnt it already stated though that Griff is due back off the DL starting the series tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by redsman344
    Wasnt it already stated though that Griff is due back off the DL starting the series tomorrow night?
    He's been due back for about a week. Now he's not even going to Denver. I doubt he'll be in Arizona either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    Would love it. LaRue and their choice of Freel, Denorfia, Kearns as well as another prospect like Guervara for Francis and Shealy would be ideal.
    The Rockies seem to be pretty happy with their current OF.
    Last edited by BRM; 05-03-2006 at 09:37 AM.

MLB.com on Ryan Shealy's return to the Colorado Springs Sky Sox:

Room for Ryan: Everywhere Rockies prospect Ryan Shealy goes it seems, he is reminded of the fact his progress is blocked by star first baseman Todd Helton.

Shealy attempted to move to the outfield during Spring Training but suffered an elbow injury from too much throwing, and wasn't available when Helton left the lineup because of a stomach ailment a couple of weeks ago.

Shealy recovered in extended Spring Training and was all set to begin a rehab assignment at Colorado Springs on Tuesday night. But it just so happened that the Rockies sent Helton there on Tuesday for his rehab assignment.

But because the Sky Sox are playing Tacoma, a Seattle Mariners farm club, Shealy can operate as a designated hitter when Helton is playing first on Tuesday and Wednesday. Helton will take Thursday off, which could give Shealy a chance to play in the field. The Rockies will then determine whether Helton returns to the Major League lineup on Friday or a subsequent day.

"I probably would have been playing first, but Helton's down here now -- he won't let me play anywhere," Shealy said. "It's good to be back. I came up with a lot of these guys, so it's good to be around familiar faces. I'm just kind of playing it by ear. Glad to be back playing."

After slimming down to play the outfield, Shealy is back up to a more bulky 240. He didn't even keep his outfielder's glove around as a reminder of the experiment.

"I think I gave it away. ... I don't really want to mess with that anymore," he said.

Zoinks!

Did anyone else hear Nuxie talking with Gary Burbank yesterday afternoon and telling Gary that Ross, the Red's catcher was going on the DL with a bruised hand? I kept saying "wrong Ross, Wrong Ross" Guess Nuxie couldn't hear me through my radio though. Ya gotta love him though.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    Did anyone else hear Nuxie talking with Gary Burbank yesterday afternoon and telling Gary that Ross, the Red's catcher was going on the DL with a bruised hand? I kept saying "wrong Ross, Wrong Ross" Guess Nuxie couldn't hear me through my radio though. Ya gotta love him though.
    Nuxie is painful to listen to sometimes.

Ironically, the pitch that put Ross on the DL was the pitch that the umpire said didn't hit him.

Edit -- I got this wrong on two accounts (I meant Ross, not Denorfia). And he got hit while swinging. So sorry.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 05-04-2006 at 02:38 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Ironically, the pitch that put Denorfia on the DL was the pitch that the umpire said didn't hit him.
    Ross, you mean.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Ironically, the pitch that put Denorfia on the DL was the pitch that the umpire said didn't hit him.
    IIRC, it hit him but he swung at it so the strike took precedence.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Ross, you mean.
    Oops, yes.

RMR... oh yeah. I guess that is what happened. Sorry all.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?