Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Congratulation to All Cards Fans.....

Pre-Congratulation to All Cards Fans.....

...For their teams victory in todays game. I just thought I would get this out of the way.

So Congratulation to MattyMo and the rest of Cards fans on this board posting or lurking.
    To thir teams crushing defeat of Dave Williams and the Reds today.
    "it took me back in time thru dwindling joy
    to when i was such a guilt ridden catholic boy
    im evangelical agnostic now"
    Happy New Year Todd Snider

Yours A ChampCar Fanatic And In The Home Of Champange Velvet Beer,

Andy K.

Terre Haute Brewing CO.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Not Laughing

Re: Pre-Congratulation to All Cards Fans.....

Did you see the lineup LaRussa is trotting out there today? Even Dave Williams has a chance...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Gee, maybe the Reds should just forfeit and forget about playing the game today.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by BuckU
    Did you see the lineup LaRussa is trotting out there today? Even Dave Williams has a chance...
    I think LaRussa handicapped the line-up so Williams would have a chance.

The question is... Should Dave Williams receive another start if he can't dominate this line-up?

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Didn't LaRussa make some very glowing comments about Williams when the trade was made? Something about Williams being one of the top left-handers they saw last year? I have a friend at work who is a die-hard Cardinals fan that says the Cards always have trouble with "soft-tossing" lefties. Not sure if that is true but for the Reds sake I sure hope so
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckU
    Even Dave Williams has a chance...
    out on a limb today.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

This could be a rope-a-dope to the baseball gods to give us the W

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed
    Didn't LaRussa make some very glowing comments about Williams when the trade was made? Something about Williams being one of the top left-handers they saw last year? I have a friend at work who is a die-hard Cardinals fan that says the Cards always have trouble with "soft-tossing" lefties. Not sure if that is true but for the Reds sake I sure hope so
    The Cards have a hard time against good soft tossing lefties and rookies that they have never faced before. Having said that, they usually do pretty well against Dave Williams. I've read the comments that LaRussa made, but I couldn't tell how serious he was. They just didn't seem believable.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

LaRussa wants Williams to put up a good line so we don't DFA him.

He figures he can still pull out a win in a close one and if Williams pitches 20 more times this year, its another 15 losses for the REDS, 3-4 perhaps against the Card.

Crafty Fox, that LaRussa.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Congrats on a great series win. A two game sweep... I'm glad the Cards are leaving Cincinnati, and heading to Houston. It's time to make up some ground now. The Reds are so good that they can't even lose with Dave Williams on the mound. Regardless...the Reds played a great game today.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    Congrats on a great series win. A two game sweep... I'm glad the Cards are leaving Cincinnati, and heading to Houston. It's time to make up some ground now. The Reds are so good that they can't even lose with Dave Williams on the mound. Regardless...the Reds played a great game today.
    You better hope the Cards win that series or Astrosbuddy will be all over your back.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    You better hope the Cards win that series or Astrosbuddy will be all over your back.
    Yeah...no kidding. Pujols had better be back tomorrow. I'm hoping Rolen is too.

Syke~!

It wont matter, Pujols is great but the rest of the Cards lineup is nothing to be worried about even with Pujols in there.

If the Astros bullpen comes around, the Astros will be dangerous, if not... Bye bye.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Astrobuddy should try watching his team sans Berkman......ouch......

Some folks seem to forget that the Reds have been without JR (again) for over 2 weeks. Sure, JR isn't a Pujols anymore, but Aurilia hitting 3rd leaves a pretty big hole.

Anyway.....any team that can throw Oswalt and Pettite at you doesn't need an Albert Pujols....IMHO

Turn Off Ads?