Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Phillips at leadoff??

Phillips at leadoff??

I've posed the question a few times on different threads and haven't gotten anything back. Phillips is tearing it up right now, so when Griffey gets back, Freel has no place to go--leaving the top of the order empty. Phillips has decent speed, but before the last couple of days hasn't shown the patience at the plate require for the leadoff role. He's had four walks recently, including three in today's loss to the Astros.

A lot of people said BP was getting a lot of good pitches to hit being new and low in the order, but now that teams are being more cautious with him, he seems to be more selective. Does anyone see him legitimately hitting in that spot? What happens to the order when Griffey gets back?
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phillips at leadoff??

I wouldn't put him there, no one else really fits the bill, but I don't want to put too much pressure on Phillips right now, Lopez leadoff if Freel is not playing.
    Go Gators!

got alil captain in u?

i agree lopez to leadoff if no freel in the lineup

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by UGADaddy
    I've posed the question a few times on different threads and haven't gotten anything back. Phillips is tearing it up right now, so when Griffey gets back, Freel has no place to go--leaving the top of the order empty. Phillips has decent speed, but before the last couple of days hasn't shown the patience at the plate require for the leadoff role. He's had four walks recently, including three in today's loss to the Astros.

A lot of people said BP was getting a lot of good pitches to hit being new and low in the order, but now that teams are being more cautious with him, he seems to be more selective. Does anyone see him legitimately hitting in that spot? What happens to the order when Griffey gets back?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

When Griffey comes back, we'll probably see Lopez lead off, and Freel realistically will be the odd man out.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21

When Griffey comes back, we'll probably see Lopez lead off, and Freel realistically will be the odd man out.
    I'm a Griffey fan....but honestly, he can take his time on returning...

I agree unless Dunn moves to 1B of course.

Freel
    Lopez
    Griffey
    Dunn
    Kearns
    Encarnacion
    Phillips
    Larue/Valentin

SCARY!

Phillips should stay at 7 no matter what. He's the perfect man for that spot in this lineup. Move EdE to 2 and Lopez to 1 when Freel is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    It has been a while since we have been able to say that.

Completely agree. I like the way the lineup looks now. And I don't know about Dunn moving to 1B. It does improve our OF defensively (although how about that catch to end the game last night??), but I love getting Hatteberg and, more importantly, Aurilla in the lineup regularly. Narron seems to be getting everyone just enough ABs to keep them happy and in a decent groove. I'm afraid that when Griff gets back, the ABs, and thus the happiness and groove, of the guys who are doing well now will go way down.
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

I'm afraid that when Griff gets back, the ABs, and thus the happiness and groove, of the guys who are doing well now will go way down.

Ditto.

I hope Griffey comes back on a rampage...but I suspect that will not be the case.

And I don't know about Dunn moving to 1B. It does improve our OF defensively (although how about that catch to end the game last night??), but I love getting Hatteberg and, more importantly, Aurilla in the lineup regularly.
    You mean the catch that almost any other OF would have made easily? All kidding aside, I don't see Dunn playing all too much first this year unless Hatteberg or Aurilia is traded/injured.

Turn Off Ads?