(SF - SP)
    BN D. Haren
    (Oak - SP)
    DL R. Harden
    (Oak - SP) DL

Categories:
    Hitting: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS
    Pitching: IP, W, L, SV, R, HR, BB, K, ERA, K/9

First question: Do you think my pitching is strong enough going forward? I'm currently in 3rd place, but am beating the 1st place down this week so I'm likely to end up real close to 1st place at the end of the week. My offense is good, I think. Swisher has been slumping a lot lately and I'd consider replacing him with someone on the waiver wire, but no one on the waiver wire interests me right now. Same thing with Matt Cain.

Should I try and trade one of my big bats for pitching help? A guy in my league has told me he'd trade me Pedro for Bay, Utley, Hafner, or Crawford straight up. Another guy told me he'd consider trading Bedard for Holliday. Should I go this route, or should I try and trade off lesser bats / pitchers and try for a slight upgrade at SP? Dealing more quantity for a slight upgrade in quality?

I like my top 4 pitchers (Weaver, Hernandez, Myers, and Olsen). I think they'll all pitch well in the 2nd half. I like all 3 of my closers although Gordon has been slumping as of late. Cain and Haren are the wild cards. They either toss gems or get lit up every other start. I have faith that Haren can get things turned around and be consistent going forward. Not sure I have the same feelings for Cain. He truly is on and off. Either a great game or one that kills me for the week. Drives me insane.

So that's it, what do you guys think? Stand pat, or make a move. If you think I should make a move, what kind of move would you look to make?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy Baseball - Need Advice

Current deal being discussed:

SP Matt Cain and RP Tom Gordon for SP Jeremy Bonderman and RP Benitez or RP Dempster. I would probably drop the RP I'm getting in return and pick up either Fausto Carmona, or Francisco Cordero (if dealt to MIL to be closer). Other closers out there include Burgos and Julio, but I think I'd be better off holding onto Benitez or Dempster over those 2.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I took that trade. Doesn't effect my offense any and all of the other teams that wanted to make deals and give up SP's wanted Bay, Utley, Martinez, Crawford or Hafner. Didn't want to break up my offense.

This way I'm giving up Cain, who I've upgraded with Bonderman, and Gordon (who could still be dealt to a contender and no longer be a closer) for Benitez, who isn't great, but still gets saves. If Benitez really sucks (possible), I could drop him and pick up Carmona, Cordero or Julio.

Does anyone thing I should drop Benitez immediately and pick up Carmona or Cordero?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Benitez/Cordero/Carmona is like playing Russian roulette. You might pick the right one, but you might also blow your brains out.

You only start 2 closers? Then it doesn't matter since you have Ryan and Paps already. The 3rd you just be a backup. If you really want to stockpile saves (and it doesn't seem like there are many others doing the same since 2 closers are on the waiver wire) then I would look to drop Hideki and pick up one of the other closers.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Benitez/Cordero/Carmona is like playing Russian roulette. You might pick the right one, but you might also blow your brains out.

You only start 2 closers? Then it doesn't matter since you have Ryan and Paps already. The 3rd you just be a backup. If you really want to stockpile saves (and it doesn't seem like there are many others doing the same since 2 closers are on the waiver wire) then I would look to drop Hideki and pick up one of the other closers.
    This is a head to head league. We start 4 SP's, 2 RP's, and 2 P's.

I've have carried 4 closers most of the year. I dealt away Chris Ray earlier in the year (mid June) and am now dealing Gordon away, but want a 3rd closer to stick one in the 'P' position because there aren't any good SP candidates to go only with 6 SP's and 2 closers. Most teams have 3 closers with the exception of 3 teams, 2 of which have 2 closers and one of which has none.

Matsui is on the DL and not on my active roster. If I dropped Matsui, I couldn't pick up another player without dropping someone else off of my active roster.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    This is a head to head league. We start 4 SP's, 2 RP's, and 2 P's.

I've have carried 4 closers most of the year. I dealt away Chris Ray earlier in the year (mid June) and am now dealing Gordon away, but want a 3rd closer to stick one in the 'P' position because there aren't any good SP candidates to go only with 6 SP's and 2 closers. Most teams have 3 closers with the exception of 3 teams, 2 of which have 2 closers and one of which has none.

Matsui is on the DL and not on my active roster. If I dropped Matsui, I couldn't pick up another player without dropping someone else off of my active roster.
    Understood. I would probably take a shot with Julio. This week has been a little rocky, but his Ks are very nice (almost Lidge-like) and they are battling. If he has another bad week, you could assume those other guys would still be out there and always try to make another move.

Neither of the trade from your 1st post were worth doing. Good job not being sucked into Pedro. Bedard has had a good run, but I wuldn't give up Holliday for him. A good month does not make a season.

Picking up Bonderman was a great move. He is on a great team and has been pitching well lately. Benitez is blah, but...

I think I would pick up Cordero as long as he is given the closers job outright.

Thanks for the advice, both of you.

Coming down the home stretch and I feel a little better going into it with Weaver, King Felix, Myers, Bonderman, Olsen, and Haren than what I had before, even with Benitez in there instead of Gordon (who has struggled a little lately and could be dealt to a contender).

My final decision will be to decide between Benitez, Cordero and Carmona. Believe it or not, I'm kind of leaning towards Carmona. He's been the least hittable in the past month, even though he doesn't have any saves yet since the Wickman trade. I will keep Benitez through this weekend though since SF is playing PIT and should win at least 2 of those games.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Redleader I like your moves. You still have the option of trading some offense if you needed to.

Turn Off Ads?