Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I now trade Swisher and Liriano for Bonds and Clemens?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Should I now trade Swisher and Liriano for Bonds and Clemens?

If not, would any of you trade Swisher for Bonds straight up?

The guy offered me EE, Bonds, and Clemens for Swisher, Liriano, and Manny.

I know I can remove EE and Manny from the deal and get Bonds and Clemens for Swisher and Liriano or maybe even just trade Bonds for Swisher.

Bonds is sooo tempting. I could easily see him out-homering Swisher from here on out. I don't see Swisher keeping up this pace. He probably hits 30 more, tops (to finish with 40). But, I picked up Swisher off waivers in week one, so I don't have much invested in him. Should I flip him while his value is at an all-time high? Ideas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should I now trade Swisher and Liriano for Bonds and Clemens?

Tough call, I'd probably do it were it me just for what Clemens is goin to bring compared to Liriano....assuming he pitches.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Thanks. There's one vote "for". Any against?

Paging Sava and Red Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    Thanks. There's one vote "for". Any against?

Paging Sava and Red Leader.
    I get no respect!

Selling Swisher high is a pretty good idea I think. Getting him for Bonds is a no brainer, especially if you have BBs, OBP, SLG, or OPS as a stat or stats.

Clemens for Liriano is not a bad swap either since it seems the Twins are, for some unknown reason, content on letting him pitch out the bullpen for the forseeable future. Of course, you have to assume Clemens is going to come back and pitch, which I think he will. As does Team Clark.

As well, I'm assuming this is not any sort of keeper league either. If it is, you of course should not make the Clemens/Liriano swap.

There's risks in every trade, but the only serious one I'd be worried about would be if Clemens some how doesn't decide to pitch.

If you can get Swisher for Bonds by itself, do that if you can't decide on Clemens.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    I get no respect!

Selling Swisher high is a pretty good idea I think. Getting him for Bonds is a no brainer, especially if you have BBs, OBP, SLG, or OPS as a stat or stats.

Clemens for Liriano is not a bad swap either since it seems the Twins are, for some unknown reason, content on letting him pitch out the bullpen for the forseeable future. Of course, you have to assume Clemens is going to come back and pitch, which I think he will. As does Team Clark.

As well, I'm assuming this is not any sort of keeper league either. If it is, you of course should not make the Clemens/Liriano swap.

There's risks in every trade, but the only serious one I'd be worried about would be if Clemens some how doesn't decide to pitch.

If you can get Swisher for Bonds by itself, do that if you can't decide on Clemens.
    ...and Buckeye33 .

Seriously, thanks. I think I may go through with it.

By the way, I love that sig. We are the college hoops and football capital of the world now! hee hee

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I have a different take.

Bonds is great, yes, but I don't think he hits more homers than Swisher for the simple fact that he walks too much as well as he isn't going to play as many games.

Bonds is a babysitting job because you are going to have to rest him everytime the Giants play a day game after a night game and he is always nursing an injury.

Swisher plays everyday, you can play him at both 1B and OF, and his OBP is pretty good because he walks enough but not too much.

Bonds' walks will kill you because you don't get anything for total bases and it takes away from homerun and RBI opportunities.

He'll hit 30, drive in 85-90 while Swisher will at least match that without all the hassle.

I'd stay far away and don't let the one week homerun binge fool you.

Buckeye Redleg, just curious-did you go through with the trade?

No, I agree with what you said, Dom. I'll keep the healthier player (Swisher). It may turn out Bonds has the better numbers form here on out, but I'm in 1st place so there is no need to panic.

Plus, this guy has been pushing this trade proposal for a few weeks now. I cancel and then he re-submits it. He really wants his boy Swisher back because he dropped him week one. For that reason alone, I think I'll let him suffer.

In fact, I think I may change my team name from BuckeyeRedlegs to Swisher Sweets.

I wouldn't do this deal either. Sooner or later Liriano will be in the starting rotation, and could be very dominant, and you still really dont' know on Clemens what's going on with him.

Couple that with the fact that Barry is hitting terribly. Yeah he'll hit some homers, but he's not the same Barry now, and Swisher is finally coming into his own.

The trade proposal has been narrowed down to Bonds for Swisher, but I keep declining.

The trade proposal has been narrowed down to Bonds for Swisher, but I keep declining.
    It's sad that at this point 2 years ago, turning down a deal liek that woudn't of even been a consideration

It may turn out Bonds has the better numbers form here on out, but I'm in 1st place so there is no need to panic.
    Whew. Good for you. Like I said- Bonds' .500 + OBP comes with a heavy price, which is decreased homer and RBI totals.

Maybe try not responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Maybe try not responding.
    Good idea.

Dom, we get 1 point for a BB, but you are right - between the walks (limited oppotunities to hit the ball) and taking days off, Barry isn't worth the hassle.

It's funny, within a week I've climbed up 4 spots. I really was thinking about shaking things up and making the move last week, but now I think I'll stick with my current team.

Thanks for the input everybody.

Dom, we get 1 point for a BB, but you are right - between the walks (limited oppotunities to hit the ball) and taking days off, Barry isn't worth the hassle.
    JD Drew sits on my bench for this very reason. He takes too many days off and while the BP is nice, it seems to make him less productive.

Turn Off Ads?