Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Reds Fans Slow In Returning to Ballpark / What is up With Our Fans?

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Reds Fans Slow In Returning to Ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Cincinnati 21-12 .636 - 10-5 at home

5-9-06
    Attendance: 16,716.
    Weather: 74 degrees, cloudy.
    Pretty sad even if it is the Nationals. I realize that I don't go to many games myself but it is more a matter of geography than anything else.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Cincinnati 21-12 .636 - 10-5 at home

5-9-06
    Attendance: 16,716.
    Weather: 74 degrees, cloudy.
    Kid glove day too. Obviously there were many more there because they didn't pay, and that number is paid only. Do you think they gave out about 20,000 other tickets or so? It looked like there were about 30,000 there by the 4th and 5th innings.

I think it is ridiculous how many games are on TV. If today or tomorrow weren't on, I'd be down there for both. But right now, I just dont have the dough to be spending on parking, tickets, and a possible food or drink item. So I have no problem watching on TV...much cheaper!

I think it is ridiculous how many games are on TV.
    There were more games on in the 70's then now.

Sitting in Section 143 last night, I'd have figured more people than 16,716.

Sure didn't notice it was Kid Glove night either.

Quote Originally Posted by joeberk
    Sitting in Section 143 last night, I'd have figured more people than 16,716.

Sure didn't notice it was Kid Glove night either.
    It was definitely more because IIRC the Reds don't count the vouchers in the total. So maybe about 23-25,000?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    It was definitely more because IIRC the Reds don't count the vouchers in the total. So maybe about 23-25,000?
    a hair over 23K with 7K Kid Glove was what the tube said.. but it could have been 30K with 7K Kid glove.

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    I heard at least 2 callers to WLW say they were scared of getting killed at or near the ballpark. I found that hard to belive, but they said it. Are people that scared in Cincinnati? What's the mindset of a person like this?

On my 2 visits, I found Cincinnati to be very nice and I didn't see anything to fear. Now the Newport Travelodge, that's a different story.
    They may be talking about the traffic. My wife and I were up there last fall and the traffic was ATROCIOUS. Detours galore.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I arrived last night at gametime and there were a ton of walk up's. All ticket booths had lines behind them.

I bought a pair of seats in 145 for $38 ($19 each). The ticket guy told me that all of the cheapest seats ($5) had been sold out. That's the first time
    I've seen that, even at gametime. I'm surprised there could have only been 16k.

A couple of attractive young ladies then gave us their tickets behind homeplate as soon as my 5-year old son and I walked in. They said they were in large group and had no interest in returning to their seats. Unfortunately my son didn't get to see any fireworks and that one Guillen HR appeared to land exactly where our OF seats would have been (on the isle of 145).

Anyway, it was really nice of them and I thank them again if they happen to read this.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 05-10-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

What is up With Our Fans?????

We're 22-12 and in first place in our division, yet 56 people actually show up to watch tonight's game.

What the heck is going on????

We are a baseball town..and we are a fanbase that has not had a lot to cheer about in recent years. Looks like we've actually got a good product to put on the field this year, and no one can find the time to make it to the ballpark? This is an exciting team....a fan knows he or she is going to see a few balls leave the yard when we play...from our hitters' bats as well as our opponents, on most nights...why are fans not showing up?

I'd easily understand tonight's attendance if we were 12-22. Most people probably expected us to be 12-22. Of course, as well all know, the opposite is true. Sure..it's Wednesday, and our opponent was Washington, but I was shocked at the low number of bodies in the seats. Tonight's official attendance was 14,180. I'd be surprised if the true number was half of that.

I live down in Jacksonville, Florida. I was born in Cincy and all my family still lives there, but I moved down here when I was a kid - well before GAB was built...probably 6-8 years. I have yet to have the good fortune of actually seeing GAB in person. If I lived in Cincy, good team or bad, I'd be at the GAB every night possible to watch the Reds.

Sooo...Cincy residents...why has attendance been so bad? What is the general feeling in town towards the team?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Re: What is up With Our Fans?????

Terrible weather tonight, so they have an excuse.

fans are taking a more wait and see attitude than in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Terrible weather tonight, so they have an excuse.
    That was my excuse too, but dont we always have one. Mine is that they are always on tv, and i dont have the money to go down there so frequently. Just graduated from college with no job!

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    fans are taking a more wait and see attitude than in 2004.

As am I...but this team is making that hard to do....

Well my excuse is I live in Chicago.

haha

Horrible weather tonight. Mine is i'm still out of state for school!

Turn Off Ads?