Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homer Bailey making first start since the no-hitter

Homer Bailey making first start since the no-hitter

Dunedin Top 1st

-Chris Gutierrez grounds out, shortstop Adam Rosales to first baseman Tonys Gutierrez.

-Ryan Patterson strikes out swinging.

-Ron Davenport pops out to shortstop Adam Rosales.

Bailey: 1 inning, 0 hits, 0 runs, 0 walk, 1 K

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Bailey making first start since the no-hitter

2nd inning, not so good.

-Home run
    -Double
    -Flyout, runner to third
    -Sac Fly
    -Flyout

Bailey: 2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    2nd inning, not so good.

-Home run
    -Double
    -Flyout, runner to third
    -Sac Fly
    -Flyout

Bailey: 2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    Gave up another in the 3rd 1 more K and 2 BB.

4 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 BB(1 Ibb), 4 K

Homer's night is done with 5.1IP, 6H, 5R, 5ER, 2BB, 4K, 1HR

That sucks.

No Happy Birthday for Homer. He is so inconsistent.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sucks for Homer on his birthday. He will rebound next start though, I just have a feeling.

A crappy night for the whole organization. Krivsky probably tripped over a wire and broke his nose on the fall...........

Inconsistent is his middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Inconsistent is his middle name.
    Yup, and absent are all those folks who were just blasting me as negative and pessimistic because I pointed that out as a reason to not get overly excited about the 6 innings of no-hit ball. I haven't seen those folks posting here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Yup, and absent are all those folks who were just blasting me as negative and pessimistic because I pointed that out as a reason to not get overly excited about the 6 innings of no-hit ball. I haven't seen those folks posting here yet.
    I don't think one bad outing is going to change the mindsets of the people on here that are Homer backers. I personally think you're overly pessimistic as well, but in the same regard I think all the let downs this organization has had with its young pitching warrants it to some degree. But as far as Homer's outing last night, he would have had a mediocre performance at 51/3 innings & 3 earned runs given up had they not brought in what appears to be the weakest reliever in Sarasota, Kyle Edens - who then let both of the runners he inherited score. I'm not going to get down on Homer because he's a 20 year old that has not learned to show consistency with his control yet. His mechanics continue to be really sound, hitters continue to have fits with him, and when his control comes around & he's no longer putting runners on base - this kid is going to fly through our system.

Quote Originally Posted by OSURedLeg
    I don't think one bad outing is going to change the mindsets of the people on here that are Homer backers. I personally think you're overly pessimistic as well, but in the same regard I think all the let downs this organization has had with its young pitching warrants it to some degree. But as far as Homer's outing last night, he would have had a mediocre performance at 51/3 innings & 3 earned runs given up had they not brought in what appears to be the weakest reliever in Sarasota, Kyle Edens - who then let both of the runners he inherited score. I'm not going to get down on Homer because he's a 20 year old that has not learned to show consistency with his control yet. His mechanics continue to be really sound, hitters continue to have fits with him, and when his control comes around & he's no longer putting runners on base - this kid is going to fly through our system.
    One bad outing? We are looking at year 2 of consistent mediocrity and too many downright stinker games sprinkled with a few flashes of brilliance. That is not an ace in the making. Further, if his mechanics were sound, he would not have to wait for his control to come around. Control comes from consistently being able to know where the ball is going, which comes from mechanical repitition.

So, unless you want to contend that his coach is always calling a bad game, or continue to blame a poor showing on bringing in a reliever that could not bail him out from a jam, the performance does not match up with your assessment of his mechanics. Yes, I am pessimistic that Homer Bailey is going to fulfill the unrealistic expectations being placed on him. I really hope Krivsky has a mind to move him at his shiniest moment.

And the ERA jumped to 3.98 with that performance. I suppose one day the proverbial light might come on. The wing and a prayer developmental system. No thanks.
    Last edited by traderumor; 05-04-2006 at 09:29 AM.

you guys are idiots. like every bailey supporter has said, while he's working on his change up he is going to be inconsistent. but he's shown flashes of his potential, and like i said, as long as he stays healthy i'm happy and he will develop into a great starting pitcher.

jeez trade rumor, his era is 3.98 in the first week of may.....big deal
    Last edited by tbball10; 05-04-2006 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    you guys are idiots. like every bailey supporter has said, while he's working on his change up he is going to be inconsistent. but he's shown flashes of his potential, and like i said, as long as he stays healthy i'm happy and he will develop into a great starting pitcher.

jeez trade rumor, his era is 3.98 in the first week of may.....big deal

So its idiotic to have doubts about a pitcher that hasn't dominated the lowest levels of the minors? Sheesh, I guess I better just stop grad school, because I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot for looking at the chances of first round draft picks and seeing that the 1st round HS pitcher draft pick has the lowest chance of having success in the majors. I guess I should just forget all objective data and just support Bailey because he's a Reds 1st round HS pitching prospect, and we've had a ton of success with those.

Turn Off Ads?