Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chemo-Folfox

Chemo-Folfox

The next round of medical procedures starts tomorrow... I have 8 appointments(every other monday for the next 16 weeks) to have a 3 hour IV of a chemo called Folfox then I will wear a chemo bag-the chemo in that bag is appropriately named 5FU-for 48 hours...I already had the 5FU for about 6 weeks late last year and it didnt seem to cause any issues..the Folfox has me concerned as there are a number of unpleasant side effects possible with the treatment...I think its almost counter productive to read about some of this stuff on the internet as you usually will find nothing but one horror story after the other...Has anyone out there had Folfox and not had a lot of issues? If I can make it thru this then I am supposed to have an ileostomy reversal around July...dont want to wish anyone's summer away but I already wish it was end of summer so I will hopefully be ok by that point....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chemo-Folfox

Also, I had a catscan from the throat down about two weeks ago--it was the first catscan since my cancer surgery 1/17 and it came back negative...

Great to hear about the scan. Hang tough with the new rounds of treatments.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'm three years removed from surgery for TC. I was able to avoid the chemo route but wish you the best and sympathize with the CT scans/bloodwork. Hopefully as you go along, the tests and procedures become further and few between so plow through & be strong.

Turn Off Ads?