SP: J. Verlander
    RP: B.Ryan
    RP: J. Papelbon
    P: C. Ray
    P: T. Gordon
    BN: D. Haren
    DL: J. Patterson
    DL: R. Harden

We are only allowed 2 DL spots and I have Coco Crisp on my bench because I cannot DL him, since I already have Patterson and Harden on the DL. Whichever one comes back first, I will put on the bench and put the other one on the DL until they come off. Patterson and Crisp are likely to be activated around the same time (May 14th or so).

Danny Haren has been getting hit pretty hard. I traded OF Raul Ibanez for him after Harden got hurt, thinking I got a steal, but he got rocked last night. Not sure if I should hang onto him or not. I picked Verlander up off the waiver wire. He's pitched well so far. When Crisp and Patterson both come off the DL, I'll have to drop 1 player. When Harden comes back, I'll have to drop another player. Not sure which players I should drop.

Players available: T. Lilly (TOR), K. Escobar (LAA), and D. Cabrera (BAL).

Should I drop Verlander or Haren and pick up any of the above before one of my players come off the DL? Just not sure what to do, and who to try and keep long term, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to keep Verlander or Haren long term when Harden and Patterson come back, unless one of those two really start to put up good numbers and Penny struggles.

I want to keep all 4 relievers, and Myers and Bedard. I might be open to trading one of them, but no one in the league wants to trade a SP for a RP right now.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-04-2006 at 10:10 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help with Pitching

Haren started poorly last season, then pitched like an ace for the final three months. You might be able to waive him now, then pick him up in June before he gets hot again.

I like Escobar a lot, but he's got problems with his finger. If you can deal with that, I'd take him over Haren.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Haren started poorly last season, then pitched like an ace for the final three months. You might be able to waive him now, then pick him up in June before he gets hot again.

I like Escobar a lot, but he's got problems with his finger. If you can deal with that, I'd take him over Haren.
    I had picked up Escobar last week when I put Patterson on the DL, but then found out he was going to miss his start, so I dropped him and picked up Verlander. Verlander pitches today, so we'll see how he does. I may drop Haren and pick up Escobar, especially since Haren faces TOR and NYY his next 2 turns, but that really doesn't help too much, long term. I'll still have to drop 2 of my pitchers and will then have to choose 2 from Verlander (most likely), Escobar, and Penny.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I would try to get Escobar also, with the expectation that he will spend time on the DL at some point. Haren is probably the best one to drop at this point, although I agree with Johnny in that you should keep him on your radar

Nobody wants to trade for good pitching? Never heard of such a thing
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Would you trade SP Verlander and SP Haren for SP Felix Hernandez?

Neither pitcher I'd be giving really means that much to me, it's not like I "have to have" one of those guys. Felix has been getting rocked, and is getting rocked again today. Leads off the game against Chicago with a walk, a single, and a 3-R bomb to Thome. Do you think he'll rebound, and would you give up those two for him, is he worth that at this point?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Would you trade SP Verlander and SP Haren for SP Felix Hernandez?

Neither pitcher I'd be giving really means that much to me, it's not like I "have to have" one of those guys. Felix has been getting rocked, and is getting rocked again today. Leads off the game against Chicago with a walk, a single, and a 3-R bomb to Thome. Do you think he'll rebound, and would you give up those two for him, is he worth that at this point?
    I'd offer the trade, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if was turned down. Hernandez pitches in front of an awful Mariners squad, and it seems like the hype and pressure are really getting to him.

I'd have suggested targeting Jason Schmidt last week, but his CG SHO last night probably eliminated any chance of acquiring him cheap.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?