Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Will Narron continue to alter the rotation for off days?

Will Narron continue to alter the rotation for off days?

Should we expect Narron to continue to alter the start days for the guys in the starting rotation following off days?

He moved Arroyo up a day to Monday this week following an off day last week so he could keep him on 4 days rest. I wonder if the trend will continue for next week's home games. We're off Monday and without any movement we'll have Claussen start the homestand and then have Harang & Arroyo throwing on 5 days rest on Wednesday and Saturday of next week.

Do most like him keeping the aces on 4 days rest even if it means switching the guys around, possibly getting them more starts on the year? Or is continuity the best way to take it?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Will Narron continue to alter the rotation for off days?

It is usually a combination of the who the pitcher is and who they would be replacing. Like last week they moved Arroyo up to stay on his normal pattern at the expense of DWill. Some pitchers are very particular about how many days off they have. I imagine if everyone is feeling fine then Harang and Arroyo will want to keep pitching every fifth day.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

If it means less starts for Milton and Williams then I fully support him
    Go Gators!

There is now way I would let Arroyo get off schedule if at all possible. The way he is tearing through the league right now, I find a way for him to pitch on every 5th day. IMO the things Narron has done as far as altering the rotation is another example of how well this man has really handled this team. Narron seems to be a great fit for this organization at this point.

It is also a matter of playing against Pontoon or Mulder, the Mulder matchup made more sense.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Looks like Narron will give Harang 5 days rest by keeping him on Wednesday, but will move Arroyo up a day to Thursday to keep him on 4 days rest.

That would be a formidable duo against anyone as back to back starters, and even more so against a Nationals squad that in the back end of scoring in the NL!

Oh great! So just who's pitching against the Phillies?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Lizard, Williams, Paul Wilson...

Sadly, two of those names are not jokes.

It's not exactly pleasant to think of it like that! The Phillies will be the first opponent all season to not see Harang or Arroyo on the mound, even counting the 2 game series against the Cubs & Rockies.

Well, I sure hope the fans want to see those guys pitch this weekend.... ugh!

Am I being too harsh? The Reds have, after all, won with these guys. But geez, it would be nice to have either Harang or Arroyo on the mound for one of the weekend days during the homestand.

Claussen, Lizard, Williams vs Phillies?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Maybe the Lizard will be a little geeked up about facing the team that traded him away. He may have lost his last two starts but the offense didn't show up either game. And in Arizona he only gave up one earned.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Works out for me, I've been planning for a while to see the Wednesday & Thursday games and had Harang and Arroyo fall into my lap. More than makes up for the two game Louisville series where I got stuck with Darrell May and Chris Michalak.

Well, I sure hope the fans want to see those guys pitch this weekend.... ugh!

Am I being too harsh? The Reds have, after all, won with these guys. But geez, it would be nice to have either Harang or Arroyo on the mound for one of the weekend days during the homestand.

Claussen, Lizard, Williams vs Phillies?
    I've got tickets to Saturday and Sunday's game and I get to see Williams and the Lizard. Woohoo! Oh well, it's Reds baseball. I'll still enjoy it.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?