Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB.TV buy 1 month get 1 month free

MLB.TV buy 1 month get 1 month free

You will not be billed for your second month of MLB.TV. Billing for your third month will begin 60 days after your purchase date.

Might be a good time for some to try it out.

Offer ends May 8

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/su...ions/mlbtv.jsp

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: MLB.TV buy 1 month get 1 month free

Once you get it, you're going to want to keep it. Might as well just spring for the whole season.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Not to beat a deadhorse but.....blackout rules apply correct? And if so, its based on the zip of your CC billing address?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite Graham
    Not to beat a deadhorse but.....blackout rules apply correct? And if so, its based on the zip of your CC billing address?
    Blackout rules would apply. On this link you can choose a team at the bottom and it lists the zipcodes that are blacked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Blackout rules would apply. On this link you can choose a team at the bottom and it lists the zipcodes that are blacked out.

And if so, is it based on the zip of your CC billing address?

Anyone?

If you want to avoid the evil blackout, some of have suggested (and it has apparently worked) to register with the CC of a family member living in parts farflung from Cincy and thereby getting around this archaic rule. Simply payback said family member promptly, and laugh the laugh of fan who has beaten MLB at one turn...

Why would I buy MLB.TV when, through a mistake by the cable company (probably having something to do with my NHL Center Ice package) I'm getting Extra Innings for free?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Black-Out Rules apply and they DO NOT track you by the zip code you register your account with. There is something MUCH simpler to track you with that doesn't lie Your IP Addy.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Black-Out Rules apply and they DO NOT track you by the zip code you register your account with. There is something MUCH simpler to track you with that doesn't lie Your IP Addy.
    proxy server, my friend.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Sure about this? I tried to watch a Marlins' game while outside the country and it wouldn't let me...
    (I live in FL...)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    proxy server, my friend.
    DING DING DING!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Sure about this? I tried to watch a Marlins' game while outside the country and it wouldn't let me...
    (I live in FL...)
    Depends on where you were out of the country - I know MLB.TV has alot of black-out rules for people who live out of the country so you might want to start there and see if that place was blacked out.

Yes, I am sure - I live in Columbus and I get Fox Sports Cincinnati on Direct TV (638) and I watch the games all the time, well I wanted to order MLB.TV thinking well I get it on the dish why wouldn't I get it on the computer. Well i'm blacked out on the computer... I carefully change my IP Addy (that thing from up above) And there all magic breaks loose.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I can back up the IP address thingy. I get it just fine in El Paso, but when I went up to Lexington on business I was blocked out. (Reds Games).

Also, maybe some of you might want to try a one time use MasterCard or a virtual Mastercard Number with a set amount in case you forget to cancel in time and MLB tries and charges you.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    I can back up the IP address thingy. I get it just fine in El Paso, but when I went up to Lexington on business I was blocked out. (Reds Games).

Also, maybe some of you might want to try a one time use MasterCard or a virtual Mastercard Number with a set amount in case you forget to cancel in time and MLB tries and charges you.

Ok, follow up question.

If its not the credit card number, but the IP that they use to track you. Then if you are out of the Reds protected area and using a hotel's internet service, then could you be able to watch the Reds?

Ok, follow up question.

If its not the credit card number, but the IP that they use to track you. Then if you are out of the Reds protected area and using a hotel's internet service, then could you be able to watch the Reds?
    yep.

mlb.tv blackout rules don't make any sense.....my buddy has it and he tried to watch a cardinals -nationals game and it was blacked out. he lives in columbus, didn't know columbus was in either of those markets

Turn Off Ads?