Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds really need to sign Harang long term...

Re: Reds really need to sign Harang long term...

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    Wonder if he is looking to get out of GAB when he can...............I wouldn't mind signing him to a 3 year deal.....but I wouldn't give any pitcher more than 3 years.....are we going to have to overpay to keep our own pitcher's happy in GAB........

I've been real happy with Harang as well but I have to echo Indyreds opinion here. Don't sign pitchers longer than 3 years. If he still rockin in 3 years, extend it. This club can't afford another 5 or 6 year ablatross if Harang's arm goes to the pooper.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The reason I said 4 years for Harang is that he has a great frame, a great delivery, and would be 27-31 years old for the duration of the contract. If a pitcher is worth 4 or 5 years it would be this type of pitcher. However, I totally understand your unwillingness to go past 3 years with a pitcher.

How much longer do the Reds own his rights? Unless the Reds can sign him for a fair price I say keep doing the one year thing until he is in the last year before free agency then we try to sign him longterm if he is still pitching well.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

/\ Problem with that is he'll be much more expensive.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?