Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Interesting trade offer I just received....

Interesting trade offer I just received....

My team:

C - Willingham
    1B - Nevin
    2B - Vidro
    SS - Reyes
    3B - Wright
    OF - Dunn
    OF - Hawpe
    OF - Holliday
    UTIL - Hafner
    BN - C. Wilson (1B/OF)
    BN - R. Hernandez (C)
    DL - D. Lee

SP - Buerhle
    SP - Lackey
    SP - Haren
    SP - Buchholz
    SP - Marquis
    SP/RP - Liriano
    RP - Nathan
    RP - Hoffman
    RP - Papelbon
    RP - Otsuka
    RP - M. Gonzalez

Categories:

R-HR-RBI-SB-AVG-E-BB

W-CG-SV-HR-BB-K-ERA

I am currently 4th in the league and am right at the top or closing in on the top 3 in every offensive category except for AVG and E. This is also without Lee in the lineup.

Pitching I am Top 2 in SV and BB but near the bottom in W, CG, ERA, and K.

The trade offer is:

Hafner

for

Pedro and Glavine

I have to take this offer don't I? I would just drop Marquis if I accepted. I can't see me getting anything better than this for Hafner and this guy has been after Hafner for awhile, and this is the 1st good offer he has sent to me for him. Injury to Pedro is the only reason I can think about not making it. I think I can make up for some of Hafners loss until Lee is back. I'm also going to be able to move Otsuka I think for a good bat.

Can anyone say I shouldn't take this deal? I'm going to accept it tonight if I can't think of or am given any good reason not to take it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting trade offer I just received....

If you can move Otsuka for a decent bat, I'd almost say you have to make this deal. Glavine, I'm not so sure on, but still, even Hafner for Pedro straight up (which is essentially how I look at this) isn't a bad deal. Would he be willing to throw in a bat instead of Glavine? Although, with your current staff and Glavine pitching well, Glavine might be the way you want to go on this deal and just hope he continues to pitch well...

If you want Glavine and think he can keep up the current pace, I'd do the deal. If you want a bat instead of Glavine, I'd try to negotiate that, and then accept.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm am a HUGE, HUGE Hafner fan, but with your current roster, that deal helps you a lot. Pedro by himself can help your pitching staff probably more than Hafner helps your offense since you have a decent offense behind Hafner, and you'll be getting D. Lee back in another month or so.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I'm am a HUGE, HUGE Hafner fan, but with your current roster, that deal helps you a lot. Pedro by himself can help your pitching staff probably more than Hafner helps your offense since you have a decent offense behind Hafner, and you'll be getting D. Lee back in another month or so.
    I am going to try to work out a deal of Matsui for Otsuka if I can get it. I think I can talk my way into it, if not I may have to move Gonzalez instead, but I think Matsui is ready to explode. Then I am going to accept the Pedro/Glavine deal.

Even if I can't get Matsui, I'm going to accept the Hafner deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    I am going to try to work out a deal of Matsui for Otsuka if I can get it. I think I can talk my way into it, if not I may have to move Gonzalez instead, but I think Matsui is ready to explode. Then I am going to accept the Pedro/Glavine deal.

Even if I can't get Matsui, I'm going to accept the Hafner deal.
    If you can pull off the Otsuka for Matsui deal, you're a pro.

If you could pull off a Gonzalez / Otsuka for Matsui deal, I'd still be impressed.

Yeah, like I said, I think you have to take Pedro. I think even I'd do that, and I can't imagine my team without Hafner.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

If you can pull off the Otsuka for Matsui deal, you're a pro.

If you could pull off a Gonzalez / Otsuka for Matsui deal, I'd still be impressed.

Yeah, like I said, I think you have to take Pedro. I think even I'd do that, and I can't imagine my team without Hafner.
    Yeah, the more I looked at Otsuka/Matsui the more I thought I was biting off more than I could chew.

I think I may be able to do Alou for Otsuka or Gonzalez. But his injury factor scares me a lot.

Would you do Hoffman for Matsui? What about Damon or A. Soriano for Nathan?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Yeah, the more I looked at Otsuka/Matsui the more I thought I was biting off more than I could chew.

I think I may be able to do Alou for Otsuka or Gonzalez. But his injury factor scares me a lot.

Would you do Hoffman for Matsui? What about Damon or A. Soriano for Nathan?
    Yes, I'd do Hoffman for Matsui.

In order in which I'd accept:

1) Hoffman for Matsui
    2) Alou for Otsuka
    3) Alou for Gonzalez
    4) Soriano for Nathan
    5) Damon for Nathan

I probably wouldn't do the last two. I'd keep Nathan.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yes, I'd do Hoffman for Matsui.

In order in which I'd accept:

1) Hoffman for Matsui
    2) Alou for Otsuka
    3) Alou for Gonzalez
    4) Soriano for Nathan
    5) Damon for Nathan

I probably wouldn't do the last two. I'd keep Nathan.
    I had the Alou for Otsuka trade out there for him to accept, luckily I saw Alou get carted off the field with a jacked up ankle before he did and cancelled it.

Got a bit lucky there.

Also, I accepted teh Martinez/Glavine for Hafner deal.

It took me quite awhile to hit the accept button

Turn Off Ads?