3B - M. Mora
    SS - D. Jeter
    OF - J. Bay
    OF - J. Gomes
    OF - M. Holliday
    UT - T. Hafner
    UT - B. Hawpe
    DL - C. Crisp

Overall, I like my offense, and I've been winning most head to head matchups with them, even with Bay not hitting right now, Sexson's slow start, and Holliday not putting up HR's like I expected.

I'm looking to upgrade somewhat, though. I'd like to sell Hawpe off while his value is sky-high. Think I should propose a Mora / Hawpe for E. Chavez or A. Ramirez to upgrade at 3B? What other players could I target by offering my current starter + Hawpe for an upgrade at that position?

I had one owner in my league ask me about Hawpe. I told him I'd trade Hawpe straight up for Jhonny Peralta (he has Nomar at SS and Peralta on the bench). Haven't heard back from him, although I just sent that email to him about an hour ago. Would that be a smart trade?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Offense / Trade Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I had one owner in my league ask me about Hawpe. I told him I'd trade Hawpe straight up for Jhonny Peralta (he has Nomar at SS and Peralta on the bench). Haven't heard back from him, although I just sent that email to him about an hour ago. Would that be a smart trade?
    Hawpe for Peralta would be a pretty decent swap. However, I could see Hawpe being just as productive as Peralta the rest of the way.

Peralta is going to score more runs with guys like Hafner and Martinez behind him. Hawpe is going to get on base more with less behind him and knock in more runs with guys like Helton, Holliday, and Atkins in front of him.

OF Brad Hawpe and 3B Melvin Mora for OF Carlos Beltran and 3B Garrett Atkins?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I guess I should wait and see how Hawpe does now that Helton is healthy. He really hasn't driven in many runs the past couple weeks, and that has concerned me a little because he doesn't score a lot of runs. I just think Hawpe's value is almost as high as it's going to be all year, and I'm looking to try and take advantage of that. Hawpe has gotten hits in almost 50% of the balls he's put in play so far, and you know that ain't gonna last too long....
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

OF Brad Hawpe and 3B Melvin Mora for OF Carlos Beltran and 3B Garrett Atkins?
    This is a pretty decent deal for you. Obviously you have to hope Beltran takes off from here on out, ut like you said Hawpe can't hit .375 the rest of the season. I also like Atkins over Mora when you factor in Coors Field.

Red Leader, take a look at my new post please. Could use some help.

The way I see it, I could use Beltran's SB's more than Hawpe's whatever he can give me the rest of the way, even if HR/RBI are the same and AVG is less than Hawpe's, and I figured Atkins / Mora was pretty even.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He didn't go for the deal. Didn't help that Beltran had a real nice weekend.

I'm currently offering Brad Penny and Brad Hawpe for Carlos Zambrano and Jim Edmonds, as much as I hate Edmonds. Might consider doing Penny and Hawpe for Zambrano and anything he wants to throw my way as far as hitters go. He's got a ton of good hitters: A. Ramirez, N. Swisher, N. Johnson, J. Gibbons, Burrell, Helton, Carlos Lee, Ordonez, Tejada. Some of those guys are most likely untouchable, but I'd take any of them in this trade along with Zambrano.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Actually, I don't think I would do that deal at all (Hawpe/Penny for Zambrano/Edmonds). Penny has been dominant so far, and will give you a lot of K's, and while Zambrano will be good as well, I don't think he'll be that much of an upgrade over Penny.

As for the Hawpe/Edmonds deal, again I think Edmonds is on his last leg. Yeah he's still getting the homers, and RBI's in that good lineup, but Hawpe is a top prospect and I've read numerous things that says he'll be in for a 30/100 season real soon, plus he's playing in Colorado. He's doing all his damage on the road right now, so watch out once he gets hot at home

Quote Originally Posted by goodwilly98
    Actually, I don't think I would do that deal at all (Hawpe/Penny for Zambrano/Edmonds). Penny has been dominant so far, and will give you a lot of K's, and while Zambrano will be good as well, I don't think he'll be that much of an upgrade over Penny.

As for the Hawpe/Edmonds deal, again I think Edmonds is on his last leg. Yeah he's still getting the homers, and RBI's in that good lineup, but Hawpe is a top prospect and I've read numerous things that says he'll be in for a 30/100 season real soon, plus he's playing in Colorado. He's doing all his damage on the road right now, so watch out once he gets hot at home
    For pitching stats we use K, K/9.

Penny has 30K in 42.1 IP for a 6.38 K/9 rate.

Zambrano is at 48K in 40.2 IP for a 10.62 rate.

As I mentioned above, I hate Jim Edmonds (who doesn't) but I think getting Zambrano for Penny is a good move. Zambrano can put up ace stats whereas Penny cannot. Penny is a good fantasy #4/5 starter. Zambrano is at least a #2. I would probably look to deal Edmonds as soon as I acquired him if this deal went through.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

For pitching stats we use K, K/9.

Penny has 30K in 42.1 IP for a 6.38 K/9 rate.

Zambrano is at 48K in 40.2 IP for a 10.62 rate.

As I mentioned above, I hate Jim Edmonds (who doesn't) but I think getting Zambrano for Penny is a good move. Zambrano can put up ace stats whereas Penny cannot. Penny is a good fantasy #4/5 starter. Zambrano is at least a #2. I would probably look to deal Edmonds as soon as I acquired him if this deal went through.
    Oh, well since you use K/9 as a stat, then I stand corrected, and think that this would be a good deal for you, as long as you can get rid of that Edmonds character and never have him in your lineup ever again

Quote Originally Posted by goodwilly98
    Oh, well since you use K/9 as a stat, then I stand corrected, and think that this would be a good deal for you, as long as you can get rid of that Edmonds character and never have him in your lineup ever again
    Yeah, that's the catch. I cancelled the trade offer already. I'm going to see if I can get ANYONE other than Jim Edmonds in return.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Getting sick of Richie Sexson's crap.

Should I trade Sexson and Penny for Adam Dunn, or is that too much of selling Sexson low?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Sexson and Penny for Dunn is a risky trade. Dunn is not going to hit about .260 but the rest of his stats will be very good and probably much better overall than Sexson.

The issue you have to decide is if Penny is going to continue to pitch the way he has the 1st month and a half.

I tend to think he'll start to revert back to the pitcher from 2005. While that was still ok (3.90 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) it is very replaceable.

I think I'd probably do the trade, but it is a border line type deal on whether to do it or not do it.

I know thta made things a lot easier for you

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Sexson and Penny for Dunn is a risky trade. Dunn is not going to hit about .260 but the rest of his stats will be very good and probably much better overall than Sexson.

The issue you have to decide is if Penny is going to continue to pitch the way he has the 1st month and a half.

I tend to think he'll start to revert back to the pitcher from 2005. While that was still ok (3.90 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) it is very replaceable.

I think I'd probably do the trade, but it is a border line type deal on whether to do it or not do it.

I know thta made things a lot easier for you
    That's where I'm at in my thinking as well.

It's May 9th, and Sexson has 3 HR. You know he's probably going to be close to 40 at the end of the year. Dunn has 12 HR, you know he's going to be close to 40 at the end of the year as well. So, to me, that means that Sexson is going to make up 9 HR's between now and the end of the season somehow. Do I want to trade for a player that most likely will hit less HR, maybe have less RBI and will hit for a lower average between now and the end of the season, much less give up a player that might hit more HR, have more RBI, and hit for a higher average and throw in another player, a SP that has been above average so far this year?

I just don't know if I should be more patient with Sexson. I think maybe I should, but it's tempting to try and get Dunn back just because he's a hometown guy that's easy to pull for.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?