Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/5 Minor League Game Updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 5/5 Minor League Game Updates

Hernandez pops out into shallow RF for the first out of the top of the 5th inning.
    Craig Tatum steps in gets ahead 2-0 for I think the third time in three at bats before hitting a grounder through the infield for a single. That is the Dragons 11th hit. Wild pitch advances Tatum to second before Cabrera flies out to deep CF, Tatum did not advance.
    Dejesus grounds out to third to end the inning.
    Dragons up 7-0 through 4 1/2.

Louisville has been PPD due to rain.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bottom of the 5th will bring 5-6-7 for Clinton against Travis Wood. Wood gets ahead 0-2 with a foul ball and a strike on the corner looking. Fastball outside and a breaking ball in the dirt to even the count at 2-2 before a hanging change up is smacked out of the park for a home run. 7-1 Dragons. Thon has both hits against Wood tonight.
    Travis Wood comes back and strikes out Crabtree on 3 straight pitches including a change up for strike 3. Dragons announcer says Wood has the best change up in the league and maybe one of the best change ups you will see at any level.
    Change up for the first pitch to the next batter who pops it up to third baseman Eric Eymann.
    Wood throws a curveball that induces a popup to the second baseman.
    Dragons up 7-1 after 5 innings.

Griffin, Janish and Bruce will come up in the 6th inning for the Dragons. Griffin pops up to the warning track down the RF line.
    Janish jumps ahead 2-1 in the count before smacking a double down the line. Janish is just a triple shy of the cycle.
    Jay Bruce also jumps ahead in his count 2-0 before fouling off two straight to even the count at 2-2. Bruce takes ball 3 inside, for the full count. The payoff pitch is ball 4 inside and Bruce walks. First and second for BJ Szymanski.
    Szymanski steps in left handed and fouls the first pitch down the line into the stands. BJ strikesout, which is the first strikeout of a Dragons hitter all night.
    Eric Eymann steps in with two on and falls down 1-2 before striking out looking on a curveball to end the inning.
    Dragons up 7-1 through 5 1/2.

Chattanooga: Box score hasnt been updated in 20 minutes....

Sarasota: James Avery taken out after 5 innings of 4 hit, 3 strikeout and no run baseball.

Wood comes back out for the bottom of the 6th to face 9-1-2.
    Wood walks his first batter of the game in the 6th to lead off the inning.
    Travis throws a first pitch ball to the next batter. Next pitch is fouled off to even the count at 1-1 with a runner on first. Wood goes full before missing inside and walking the first two batters of the inning. Dragons bullpen is starting to move. Looks to be Zac Stott taking off the jacket to warm up as Wood gets a visit from the pitching coach.
    Wood gets ahead 1-2 on the next batter with runners on first and second. And my internet feed died.

Chattanooga: Dumatrait is getting hit tonight, 6 hits, 6 runs, 5 earned in 4 innings. Chattanooga is down 6-1 in the 4th.

Sarasota: up 4-1 in the 6th inning.

Mine Toooooo What Is Happening???????????????????

I dont know but I am pretty bummed about it and the box score on milb.com isnt caught up with where I was 10 minutes ago.

I know..... I wonder what happened???? I heard VanderWood say Woops.... or something like that and then that was it. I can't stand this........

Dayton is up 7-2 currently. Travis Wood has allowed 2 hits in 5.1 as far as the box score shows.
    Chattanooga is down 6-2 in the 6th.
    Sarasota is up 5-1 in the 7th.

Doug, you got any info yet????? i haven't got ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Wood went 5.2 3h 4ER 2W 7K 2HR.

That's what happens when you walk the No. 9 hitter. Hopefully he will learn his lesson.

What inning are we in??????

It's back on....wooohoooo

Wood ran into some bad luck tonight. I think Lecure and Avery stole all the karma lol

I still can't believe this...... T Wood was doing really good. Then one of the guys listening to the game with us changed seats..... No... I'm not superstitious... or it could of been the internet going out.... But... i think it was the walk.... 1st walk of the night.... i'm still can't believe it. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Well... it started out sooo good...

Turn Off Ads?