Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously, what doesn't Wal-Mart have?

Re: Seriously, what doesn't Wal-Mart have?

Good service? Trained employees? Those are a couple of things that comes to mind. I also hate the fact that people that shop there all seem to know each other and congregate right in the middle of the aisles, when people like me (typical guy shopper who just wants to walk in, get what he came for, and leave) can't get through the masses. Oh...and they lost me as a customer when I needed a new softball glove, and the one next to me informed me that they took all the baseball/softball stuff down for the hunting stuff....in August.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

What WOY said.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    I also hate the fact that people that shop there all seem to know each other and congregate right in the middle of the aisles, when people like me (typical guy shopper who just wants to walk in, get what he came for, and leave) can't get through the masses.
    There is a lot of truth in that comment. However, while it wasn't the point Tommy was making, it did remind me of the statement Yogi Berra reportedly made about a restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Lets see, if they would have my favorite salt free pretzles, i would like it better.

I shop there when its cheaper, if its not, I go elsewhere. I follow the basic rule, whereever I can spend the least of my limited resources is where I shop. I honestly find no difference in servce between tarmart, walget, super k something and insert name of grocery chain here.

My new favorite place is a local produce store that has the best prices on many things.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Clean restrooms?
    in my best dad voice..."can't you hold it?"
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    And probably the company I used to work for. When I left there way back in 2000, they had started laying the ground work for this. I look forward to seeing the names Tiger Direct, PowerUp PC, Global, Midwest Micro, Systemax or whatever name they may be using now on products inside Wal-Mart in the near future.
    Yeah that stuff is cheap (I've been to systemax many times) but in their defense, my parents bought a Midwest Micro PC in 1999 and it still runs great.

Edit: I'm still willing to bet there will be better deals and higher quality found on newegg than walmart.
    Last edited by paintmered; 05-06-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered

Edit: I'm still willing to bet there will be better deals and higher quality found on newegg than walmart.
    Of course, Wallymart will be selling the cheap stuff at the high prices and the good quality stuff won't be found.

Hail Newegg
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    some say the quality is better, but i really only buy snack foods and cleaning supplies there...in my neighborhood, the stores are definately cleaner and waaayyy less crowded. i just don't feel like waiting in line for an hour at walmart...i give them credit, they are always packed, whereas target is not...that's my number 1 reason for going to target...
    If you know how to work the self-checkout, you can save yourself a whole lot of time waiting in line.

The biggest problem I have with Wal-Mart isnt waiting in line, its parking. Sometimes it feels like im having to walk from K-Mart(which is right across the street) just to get to Wally World.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

saboforthird

Large enough selection of eyewear (glasses).

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Clean restrooms?
    Who dirty's them?

That's like at work the employees complain about the breakroom and cafeteria messes.... yet all the trash that is sitting around came from them.

And why can't people flush a toliet???

Do they do this stuff at home too?

The Super WalMart here has pretty clean restrooms. I've never had a problem with them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Most of the Wal-Marts I have been in seem to determine the width of the cart, and then put up some display in the aisle that leaves enough space on each side the width od a cart plus about 1/4 inch.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

When I think of Wal-Mart I think of one thing: dirty diapers lying on the pavement of the parking lot. That about sums it up for me.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    When I think of Wal-Mart I think of one thing: dirty diapers lying on the pavement of the parking lot. That about sums it up for me.
    Like Rodney Carrington said, take diapers back to Wal-Mart. "These diapers already got poop in them". "We're real sorry about that, run back and get you another package."
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

If you are buying your computer parts from Wal-Mart, and not The Egg, than you deserve the headaches that are assured to follow.

Rediculous.

Computer "accessories" I have purchased at Wal-Mart:
    Compressed Air
    Compressed Air
    Lexmark Printer/Scanner (hey, I needed one cheap for travel)
    Compressed Air
    Ink
    Compressed Air

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Who dirty's them?

Do they do this stuff at home too?
    Even at home, if I never cleaned my restroom...it would get pretty disgusting after a while.

I despise all public restrooms.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?