Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hockey Playoffs

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Hockey Playoffs

Wow.

After watching my Sabres last night. I still think they have littel chance against Ottowa, but what a fun game to watch last night.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hockey Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Wow.

After watching my Sabres last night. I still think they have littel chance against Ottowa, but what a fun game to watch last night.
    That OT goal was a blink, as was the last 3 minutes of the 3rd and the start of the game.

I'm guessing that won't happen again as each team buckles down.

The Wings bit it as I predicted, they really needed some beef on the defensive line, too much finesse and underestimating the opponent IMO, I'm lost on who to pull for now, leaning Sabres in the East and the West is a complete wildcard, with my disdain for all things not Red Wings to color me sour.. but I like the Ducks attack, Selani and the Niedameyers are a force... but that rookie goalie is the wildcard. I've always been a Shark watcher from my days in in the Bay, they have perhaps the best all around and healthy team in the west at this moment.

A Sharks vs Sabres Cup final would be a display case for the new NHL, and boy would it be fast.

I've been cheering for the Flames since they are local and my team (Blackhawks) failed again. I expected more out of the Flames, but their lack of goal scorers and sheer reliance on Iginla did them in.

I guess I'll hope for Edmonton/Ottawa. It would be very good for Canadian hockey to see them so well.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I've been cheering for the Flames since they are local and my team (Blackhawks) failed again. I expected more out of the Flames, but their lack of goal scorers and sheer reliance on Iginla did them in.

I guess I'll hope for Edmonton/Ottawa. It would be very good for Canadian hockey to see them so well.
    I like Edmonton as well, but boy, with all apologies to the great country of Canada, an all Canadien Final would just sink the ratings in the states even further.

I agree WOY, the west is a crapshoot. Carolina suprised me today, so I think the East may be as well. It will be fun no matter what.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

For hockey to take off in the states, virtually every franchise will have to move south of the border.

And become less of a honky sport.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 05-06-2006 at 08:23 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That OT goal was a blink, as was the last 3 minutes of the 3rd and the start of the game.

I'm guessing that won't happen again as each team buckles down.

The Wings bit it as I predicted, they really needed some beef on the defensive line, too much finesse and underestimating the opponent IMO, I'm lost on who to pull for now, leaning Sabres in the East and the West is a complete wildcard, with my disdain for all things not Red Wings to color me sour.. but I like the Ducks attack, Selani and the Niedameyers are a force... but that rookie goalie is the wildcard. I've always been a Shark watcher from my days in in the Bay, they have perhaps the best all around and healthy team in the west at this moment.

A Sharks vs Sabres Cup final would be a display case for the new NHL, and boy would it be fast.
    Why don't you just join us on the dark side? It took Edmonton all season, but they are finally getting some timely goalie play...

Turn Off Ads?